Katie Hopkins - what you think Thin-Fat-Thin #Noexcuses

Options
i know alot of people don't like the lady and generates alot of reaction to her options.
she has currently gone from 8lb8 (129lb) to 12 stone (168) in 3 months, she says that everyone that is fat have no excuse for there weight

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins

i actually find it quite motivating that the no excuse for my weight of 12 stone and how bad she look makes me feel i don't want to be that size my self. sticking with the #Noexcuses

What does everyone else think?

Replies

• nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    she's an *kitten* but she's right here, for 99% of people from a pure physics standpoint it is simply a case of burn more cals than you consume, the whole "slow metabolism" or being genetically fat is a weak excuse and has been disproven many times, this of course isn't taking into account mental health e.g. people with legit eating disorders etc, which also has to be addressed in addition to setting up an energy deficit.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I get what she's saying, but there's a way to address these things (not to insult people, which is what she does most of the time).
    To me, she seems to be doing this for publiciity and not really to help people. :/
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The woman is an idiot. I've seen a handful of personal trainers do this too.
    They're missing the point. Anyone can force a weight gain followed by a weight loss.

But then having cured myself if obesity, I also come from the belief that obesity is actually a symptom, not a disease.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    She can say whatever she likes; she hasn't lost the weight yet. She may change her tune after a few weeks of dieting.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Katie Hopkins is a horrible c***
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I see the point she's trying to make and I do believe for most people, you can lose weight without any real problems if you have enough willpower.

I don't like the ways she goes about things, I think she's rude and judgemental and there's no need for half the stuff she says.

What I would quite enjoy seeing, is her struggling with weight loss. Willpower or not, I don't think it's easy. It may be easy for her, but not for everyone. Everyone can do it, but not everyone finds it easy. It's challenging, especially if you've eaten a certain way for a long period of time (not just 3 months) You have to completely change your lifestyle, habits and things you may have done your whole life.
    To me, she seems to be doing this for publiciity and not really to help people.

I agree with this.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    The woman is an idiot.

That's an insult to idiots.
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It'a a publicity stunt which bears no resemblance to the reality of being overweight / obese and the reasons / emotions behind it.

I know a lot of people are hoping she will fail but I think she will probably lose it all again easily, simply because for her it is simply calories in versus calories out. She said herself that she hated eating all that food and had to force herself to do so. So going back to what is her normal eating habits and exercise / activity will be easy for her.

No doubt she be even more obnoxious and vile than she is now as she will have "proved her point".

It's not helpful at all.
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's the thing though, it wont be "dieting" for her. It'll be her normal eating habits.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think Katie Hopkins is a berk, she could find the cure for cancer and I still wouldn't listen to her.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm praying the weight takes 10 times as long to come off as it did to go on. Silly cow.

She has no clue.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think Katie Hopkins is a berk, she could find the cure for cancer and I still wouldn't listen to her.
    +1
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    The woman is an idiot.

That's an insult to idiots.

YEAH!

Hang on a sec...
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I can't even take her experiment seriously. She lacks empathy and intelligence. I'm always surprised when really lame people get this much attention!
  • EmpressZhark
    EmpressZhark Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It'a a publicity stunt which bears no resemblance to the reality of being overweight / obese and the reasons / emotions behind it.

I know a lot of people are hoping she will fail but I think she will probably lose it all again easily, simply because for her it is simply calories in versus calories out. She said herself that she hated eating all that food and had to force herself to do so. So going back to what is her normal eating habits and exercise / activity will be easy for her.

No doubt she be even more obnoxious and vile than she is now as she will have "proved her point".

It's not helpful at all.

Totally agree with everything you’ve said there.

I stopped running for 2-3 months because of an injury & piled on the pounds a bit because I wasn’t as active and I was comfort eating a little. Now I’m cleared to run again, I’m finding it easy to make the healthy choices again and go back to the active healthy lifestyle I had – because that’s what I was used to. I fully expect to lose the 10lbs or so that I gained pretty easily.

It’s totally different for someone who’s never done any exercise and has eaten nothing but junk food for the last 10 years. I’m not saying they shouldn’t try, but their challenges & hurdles will be a whole lot more than simply eating less & moving more. Emotions, motivation, their peer group & family situation, budget, self-sabotage – all issues & problems that KH will not have to face. She’s basically reproducing the symptom of obesity, and not addressing the root cause or the issues that many people face.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Rude... but motivating.

I don't really know what stones are... but I'm ready to kick that last 40 or so lb.

ETA I can't read the link posted because Twitter is blocked at work, but I Googled some articles about it.
  • EmpressZhark
    EmpressZhark Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I don't really know what stones are... but I'm ready to kick that last 40 or so lb.

1 stone = 14lbs. It's a British term, primarily. Not really used for anything other than expressing bodyweight.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    She's right about (most) people not having an excuse for being overweight. But this completely overlooks psychological reasons which mentally block people from focusing on weight loss. Kate is fortunate enough to have a very well paid job which I presume she likes and lets her do a variety of things, and clearly has a lot of self-confidence. But if you don't have a job or have a job which is awful and stresses you, and you have self-esteem issues, that's just another big thing you somehow have to try and push out of the way to concentrate on losing weight. I managed it two and a half years ago, but I've no idea how to be honest. And I had been trying several years before that until I finally managed it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard about this or know who KT Hopkins was - so I looked her up...
    it'll be interesting to see if she can shed that 3 1/2 stone in the same time it took to put it on.
    From experience its always easier gaining than losing.
    I shall watch this space to see how she fairs.