Always Hungry!!!

Options
I eat normally and stay within my calories for the day, but sometimes I am soooo Hungry. Is it normal to be hungry or should I eat more until I am not hungry. For Example last night I had a Bowl of shrimp Scampi and a caesar Salad. 1 Hour later I was starving so I ate More Pasta, a half hour later I was sooo hungry again. I definatley ate enough food.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    how many calories a day are you eating?

Can't see your food diary, so I don't know....it may be connected to what types of food you're eating.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! Sometimes I can handle it, and sometimes I can't. One thing that helps me is to drink a huge glass of ice water, followed by a big cup (or two ...) of hot tea. And then I chew gum like a maniac.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have days like that too. maybe you need more protein? more water?
    I know at night I find it more difficult. I drink ALOT of water throughout the day..and at night i'll drink a huge cup of tea and usually that fills me up enough to not want to snack
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Try more protein. Its one of the few things that actually keeps me filled up for longer periods of time. Most of the time if I don't, I find myself being always hungry.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I agree maybe more protein. You mihgt also benifit from fiber.

I love V8 juice it helps me feel full between breakfest and lunch..or in the afternoon between working out and dinner. The regualr version has a lot od sodium though. So if that a problem for you I recomend getting the low sodium and adding some hot sauce or a little salt and peppe rof your own. (3g diatary fiber and 3g protein and 2 servings of veggie per can...not bad for 70 calories).

Good Luck!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN.

The carbs are making you hungry. Eating pasta made you even hungrier. Eat more lean protein, eggs, whole grains. If you eat pasta then eat whole grain pasta. Stay away from white foods, such as white rice, white bleached bread, potatoes, and white pasta.

Staying within your calories is only part of the equation. You need to manipulate your food to work for you and not against you.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    are you hungry, or are you fixated on food? when I am bored I think I am hungry, this also happens at parties, when I am sad, tired, or cranky. I always think I am hungry!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It was wheat pasta , however I do agree with you it seems a lot worse when I eat any pasta!!!! thanks will try add more protein if I eat pasta.