kettlebell dvds

dmvbnoslo
dmvbnoslo Posts: 213 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Can anyone recommend a good kettlebell dvd for women- beginner level, but not too easy... Thanks!

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    bump
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Okay, I haven't personally done any kettlebell videos yet, even though I've done some work with them at the gym. But, I am on a great email group that is the experts in all things exercise video related. A lot of the people in that group have not only done the videos, but reviewed them for the group and some of the people are actually certified in kettlebell work, so they are experts I trust. Anyway, as I just ordered my kettlebells for here at home, I asked them for recommendations and here is what I've learned.

I've been told Paul Katami has some great kettlebell workouts. Same for Lauren Brooks. I believe Lauren is the one who does the Iron Core Kettlebell workouts. I'm not certain because I don't have them yet. My first kettlebells are on their way from Power Systems this week, so I'm hoping the videos are under the tree for Christmas, as that is what I told my family to specifically get for me. They had a 4 pack of them at Target for like $15 according to some friends up North, but I haven't seen them here yet. If they aren't under the tree, I'll be getting them in January when all the stores put out their workout stuff for the Resolution people.

I've heard bad things about Jillian Michaels kettlebell workout and the Kettleworx series as they don't use the best form for kettlebells. Unfortunately, a lot of personal trainers have started adding kettlebells to their workouts without a credible certification in kettlebells, so when you are getting videos for kettlebell workouts, check out the instructors to make sure they actually have some education in kettlebells and not just a personal trainer or group exercise certification.

I'm going to a workshop in January that includes a course in kettlebells for rehabilitation so once I know more about the exercises, I'll be glad to help you design a program without a video or answer any form questions. Until that class, though, those videos would be my best recommendation.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I started with the 10 minutes Solutions for Kettlebell. Really beginner. Then I upped to Amy Bento Kettlebell, much more advanced. I mainly use the book by Lorna Kliedman Bodysculpting for Women.
  • dmvbnoslo
    dmvbnoslo Posts: 213 Member
    Thanks! I have a Target gift card, so I think I'll check out what they have in the way of dvds.
This discussion has been closed.