Durian HRM for $19.99

binary_jester
binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
http://www.buy.com/prod/durian-heart-rate-monitor-watch-quick-touch-technology-with-countdown/q/loc/111/listingID/124248207/219103048.html

There are so many great reasons to have a Durian Heart Rate Monitor watch on hand this time of year. If you're one of those crazy football fans and it feels like your team is going to give you a heart attack every Sunday. Now you can keep track of your pulse during those wild 4th quarters. Remember all those stories from last winter about those poor folks who died while shoveling snow? This heart rate monitor has a high and low target zone with alarm so you'll know when it's time to head back inside for some hot cocoa.
Features
Easy-to-use fitness watch for aerobic activities
Quick touch technology for fast and easy ECG heart rate
Uses pulse technology to measure heart rate
Sleek and comfortable design for a good fit on the wrist
Time of day
Calendar
Counts calories and fat burned during workouts
High and low target zone with alarm
Audible and visual alarm
100-hour countdown timer
100-hour stopwatch
No chest strap required
Sleek black design

Just an FYI

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Holy crap, that is cheap!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    That is cheap! I asked for one for Christmas but see all the ones people recommend here before are at least $70 and more. Good to know.....thanks! Especially being a Jets fan....could of used that for the last month and a half :bigsmile:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I don't need one, but may go ahead and get one because that is so cheap!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    The only thing that worries me about this is the fact that it's so cheap compared to the others everyone recommends... :/
  • jeesa
    jeesa Posts: 34 Member
    I can't find any reviews on this one anywhere! Does anyone know where to find some?
  • binary_jester
    Honestly I know nothing about it. I have a Polar. I get buy.com stuff all the time and thought I would pass it along.
  • debbyrae3
    Honestly I know nothing about it. I have a Polar. I get buy.com stuff all the time and thought I would pass it along.
    I really appreciate you passing it along too. I wasn't trying to sound mean/rude or anything. It's just nature for us to be skeptical of something we don't know much about. Thanks again for sharing.
  • binary_jester
    I really appreciate you passing it along too. I wasn't trying to sound mean/rude or anything. It's just nature for us to be skeptical of something we don't know much about. Thanks again for sharing.
    I wasn't offended. I wanted to make sure peeps didn't think I was endorsing it. I did check for online reviews and found nada. I did see a good point on slickdeals forum that said $20 is cheap even for a decent watch.
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Did I not read somewhere that the ones without a chest straps are not very accurate.

EDIT: I also think that you need to keep touching that sensor button to measure your pulse rate. Maybe used for a different purpose, like occasionally check your pulse rate, definitely not to measure avg pulse rate during work outs or cals burned.

I bought the sigma PC15 at 28 pounds few days back, it seems to be going at 36 right now, just started using it since last couple of days.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000G4YOUM/ref=ox_ya_os_product
  • debbyrae3
    I wasn't offended. I wanted to make sure peeps didn't think I was endorsing it. I did check for online reviews and found nada. I did see a good point on slickdeals forum that said $20 is cheap even for a decent watch.
    Thanks. I may not go for it, personally. Don't wanna get stuck with a bum product. Thanks for the information!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Do you know what stores carry it?
This discussion has been closed.