My LBM

Options
is currently actually higher than my goal weight. Hrm. And my goal weight is not super low for my height, 155 for 5'9". According to my body composition test I had done today, my BF% is 45.4% and my LBM is 169.3. Interesting. I take the numbers with a grain of salt, as I know they are not iron-clad accurate, but still an interesting thing. This means I will actually have to lose some of that lean mass (somewhat inevitable anyway as I understand it) to hit my goal weight.

Food for thought, heh.

Replies

• JasonPC2
    JasonPC2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't all pure fat, you do lose some LBM along the way. Recheck as you get closer to your goal.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't all pure fat, you do lose some LBM along the way. Recheck as you get closer to your goal.

Oh, I know. I am sure that of the 67.5lbs I have lost, some of it has been lean body mass. I am just an oddball, it struck me as amusing that my current LBM is higher than my goal weight.

:laugh:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Annnnnd this is why people shouldn't have "goal weights". Why would you sacrifice LBM just so the scale can spit out a number at you?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    My LBM is almost 170 lbs, because I am over 300lbs. It is practically inevitable that I will lose some of that LBM anyway even as I lose the remain 150 or so pounds I still need to lose, even though I am eating a fair bit of protein and starting to get more active, including body weight circuit training.

Even if I did manage to, by some miracle, retain all my LBM, I'd be over 225lbs if I could even get to 25% bodyfat. I don't want to be 225lbs (though it's a heck of alot better than where I am now).

Why should I carry an extra 50+ lbs just so I can have a super high LBM for my height?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't. As you lose weight, everything goes down-- lean, fat, water, blood volume, organ size even-- and that's good.