Newbie Here.

Options
Hi everyone -

Been here (not literally to the site...but...), done this MANY times before. My entire life has been a battle with weight; in part, I think because of my petite 5'0" stature. I chuckle a lot lately because here I am at 41 trying to LOSE my "Kardashian Butt" and I see younger gals trying to pack them on. I'd be more than happy to give mine away! LOL. :)

I got married in 2012 and won't disclose my weight then - but, it was 22.3 pounds less than I am today. Not happy with myself at all. When I was getting married, I worked from home and could go to the gym daily before I started my day; now I travel 45 minutes one way to work, so most of my spare time is eaten up by sitting in traffic. I can't work out when I finally do get home because I have responsibilities. For a while, I was getting up at 4am to go to the gym before I left for work; but now I start at 7am, so there is no way I'm getting up at 3am for cardio. I want to lose weight - - but I'm not crazy! LOL.

Having said all of that (and I apologize if it sounds like I'm complaining - truly, I'm not - just venting my frustration)... Here I am struggling to lose weight simply by using a 1,200 calorie daily diet. It's a lot tougher than I thought and I've been eating healthy for ages! I'm hypoglycemic, so I have to watch what I eat, when and how I eat it (meaning protein before sugar, etc.). I'm sedentary at work, so any fitness I get throughout the day is walking to the restroom, a meeting, or the printer; I do golf at the very least once a week and walk as much as I can on the course. But, I think I'm frustrated now because I assume that age is finally taking its toll and my metabolism has begun to slow down. Otherwise - I don't know what it is. What I do know s that I have to change something, because I don't like looking in the mirror any more.

So this is where I ended up looking for folks with similar struggles, goals, optimism and inspiration. I can't find that with my friends or family right now because they don't think that I need to lose weight. But at the end of the day - I am the one that has to live with myself and be happy. :)

Thanks for listening and hope to be here throughout my journey! Best wishes to everyone!!

Best,
K

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I understand your struggle! Stay determine. You can do this! Feel free to add me?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Are you fat or are you skinny?

Your friends and family are either being polite or they know you don't need to lose weight.

Nobody can know if they're in your shoes if you don't tell them the size.
  • PAGirly
    Options
    Thank you, Thegreatcanook! :)
  • PAGirly
    Options
    Are you fat or are you skinny?

Your friends and family are either being polite or they know you don't need to lose weight.

Nobody can know if they're in your shoes if you don't tell them the size.

I don't consider myself fat. Out of shape, yes. Chubby, right now, yes. Fat no.

I am 5'0" and weighed in today at 122.2 when I got to work; this is about the heaviest I've ever been. My family doctor tells me I should weigh between 105-110 lbs. When I got married in 2012, I weighed 102 lbs. The problem is not my "weight" so to speak - it's my height. Obviously someone that's 5'5" weighing 122 would look fabulous. A 122 lbs on a 5'0" petite frame (on me, anyway...) looks frumpy. Don't like it AT all.

My friends, family and husband just don't want me to look anorexic; they want me to be healthy (and I concur!). I know I'll get back to my regular weight (approx. 110 lbs or a few more). I'll feel much better about myself - and will feel healthier in the process.

Best of luck to you! :)