I have to eat how much???

Options
2»

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Here it is a month and a half later of going 3 - 4 times a week, doing cardio, etc... And I haven't lost a single pound.
    ... I was talking to my trainer(s) about what is going on... And we have come to the consensus that I'm eating enough... Ok... No biggie... I was eating about 2500 calories a day... How much do I really need to increase... Yeah... Um... I have to increase my daily intake to 4800 calories a day... And I'm not allowed any cardio... Just strength training.
    Does your trainer have coursework (as in, college) in nutrition?
    It doesn't sound like they know what they're talking about.
    If you want to lose weight, you have to eat LESS than what your body needs.
    Cardio is the most effective way to burn calories.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    This calculator will tell you not only your BMI, but how many servings of various foods to eat to maintain that weight.
    If you enter your healthy goal weight from the BMI chart (start with 190), this will help you plan your food intake to get there.
    https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/childrens-nutrition-research-center/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
    Did you see the note that this calculator is intended to be used for children between the ages of 2 and 20? And that the highest activity level is "more than 1 hour a day"? It doesn't seem appropriate for the OP.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

At 6'2" you should be between 145 & 190 to be in a healthy BMR range.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf

To get to 190, eat 1900 cal per day TOTAL. Ignore "net", ignore exercise.

that's way low. i'm older than the OP, way more than 50 pounds less, less active, and am more female and i eat around 1900 calories to lose 2 pounds. i cant think that the OP would safely be able to eat that low.

OP, you should first make sure you are logging accurately before drastically increasing your calories. my guess is that you were eating way more than you thought