NSV- A Big One For Me!

Options
This was a HUGE one for me. I went to the mall for a massage, after the 4.2 mile trek on Saturday, my poor muscles were still a little sore, despite everything. After the massage, I went into Belk to look around . I saw a cute outfit that I thought I'd try on. Not only did I put on a size I haven't had on in *literally* 20 years, but I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. Despite having lost 175lbs, there are many times I still look in the mirror and see a 400lbs person. But not today. This is what I saw, and I realized, I've done it. I'm really not that person any more. This is who I am, and I'm on my way!

10527863_10152417160057872_513631794306101551_n.jpg?oh=9105261898382388f8e4ce70db550b14&oe=546FA435&__gda__=1416459198_05821229f8b3bcdbcab03220d8c488a6

Needless to say, I bought the outfit!

Replies

• wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad you bought the outfit too.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    This is what I saw in this post:

Blah, blah...awesome achievement....blah blah....tremendous success...blah blah...noteworthy milestone..blah blah...looks great in photo...blah blah...

WTF, Hello Kitty on your smartphone?!?!?!?!?

Oh yeah, big congrats. :wink:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay! That's awesome. :heart: :drinker:
  • dramagirl1
    Options
    This was a HUGE one for me. I went to the mall for a massage, after the 4.2 mile trek on Saturday, my poor muscles were still a little sore, despite everything. After the massage, I went into Belk to look around . I saw a cute outfit that I thought I'd try on. Not only did I put on a size I haven't had on in *literally* 20 years, but I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. Despite having lost 175lbs, there are many times I still look in the mirror and see a 400lbs person. But not today. This is what I saw, and I realized, I've done it. I'm really not that person any more. This is who I am, and I'm on my way!

Needless to say, I bought the outfit!

You're an inspiration!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm really excited about this, and glad to be an inspiration!

and PS: Den Dweller- don't be hatin' on mah snazzy phone! You know you wish you had a hot Hello Kitteh phone like mine! :tongue:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!! Congrats to you, lady.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Down from 400 pounds? AWEsome!

You deserve that outfit, and maybe a few more, as well!

Enjoy your new activities in your improved body.

Best Wishes!
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I wish I could insert those little iconic videos people put on their posts sometimes. Mine would be a happy dance.
    Congrats. I particularly liked that you saw yourself in the mirror and not the past you.

Happy Dance! happy dance! Happy Dance!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    A wonderful epiphany for you. I can completely relate. Congrats
  • Jayma375
    Jayma375 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! A GREAT accomplishment - enjoy your success!!

I had one of those moments several years ago and hoping to have another at some time soon.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! You know, it took me a VERY, VERY long time to be able to see myself as the person *in* the mirror, and not 400lbs Christy. For the longest time, I would still go into the store, and pick up things 2 and 3 sizes too big, and then realize when I tried them on that they were swallowing me whole, that I wasn't that size any more. It takes a LONG time for that mentality to go away. Underneath my clothes, my body is an absolute disaster, and that has a LOT to do with it. I've really started working on not focusing on looking at all of the excess skin, everything that's sagging, hanging, or to me, that just looks terrible. I'm focusing on how things look with clothes on, the fact that I'm healthier now than I've probably ever been in my entire life, and I feel good.

It feels nice to be able to put on women's tops that are a 14W, and dresses in 14W, when you used to wear things in 5X/6X or 34W. Even when I got this outfit, I went into the dressing room with a shirt one size up. Luckily, I tried this one on, first, and realized, that I didn't need the larger size. I don't know how long it will take me to get out of that mentality, but I'm still there, although, it's not me being in a 225lbs body picking up 24W which I did for awhile.

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement to keep going everyone! Best wishes to everyone who is on their journeys as well!
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! I understand the body image issue. I'm never what I think I am. Some days I feel like I'm at the 125 I was when I was 21 or the 208 I was just a few months ago. I'm so impressed by your hard work and dedication to making yourself healthy and I hope you keep rewarding yourself with these milestones!!!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes! Enjoy the new dressing room experience! I'm with you in having a hard time reconciling my mental image of myself with my new reality. But new clothes do drive it home.
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look so happy and fit! It is really hard to shop after a big loss. I shop at thrift stores a lot and I pick up things from a size 6 to a size 18 thinking it *might* be my size until I look at the tag. They all just look teeny tiny! Its like Alice in Wonderland!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!