Hoping to lose 15 pounds

Options
Hi,
i'm hoping to lose about 15 pounds by Thanksgiving.. that leaves me about 3 months (A little over 11 weeks total)... Does this seem legit? i'm 5'4 .. 150lbs i'm hoping to be about 135.. Any tips?

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It is definetly doable, just diet smart and safe. I don't know if you have dieted before or not to know what woks best for you or not. Just eat right and listen to your body, do not starve it, that's a dangerous way yo diet. Smart and steady is the best so even if you can only lose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving safely, that's better than losing the 15 lbs if your starving yourself. Goals are a great way to stick to a diet too. I joined a group on here to lose 20 lbs by Christmas and that holds me accountable with check in and weight in to report so maybe look for a group pn MFP that is doing a weight lose challenge for Thanksgiving or the holidays. Good luck to yo sweetie, it's a hard road but we can do it.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks so much... I'm going to walk 3 miles a day along with healthy eating.. tired of feeling this way.. going on vacation after Thanksgiving and i want to feel better and healthier.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It might be aiming a little high, just because when you don't have much to lose, your calorie needs are lower, so it is super hard to carry enough of a deficit to lose that fast and still take good care of yourself and exercise. With 17 pounds to lose, you should probably be aiming for half a pound or maybe one pound a week weight loss.

So don't be discouraged if you can't keep up that pace, just keep the scale moving in the right direction!

If you feel like you aren't fueling yourself enough, add a little bit to your daily calories until it feels right. Better to lose some of the weight by Thanksgiving and the rest by New Year's, than to lose all of it by Thanksgiving and then gain most of it back because you are starving and run down and surrounded by holiday food :drinker:

Either way, good luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Read the forums and log your food every day. You can learn a lot and there are so many people on here who have done what you want.

If you read you will learn a lot. You will also see the common themes again and again. I would pay attention to what Kimny says about lighter people finding it hard to lose the last bits of their target weight. It is harder to lose.

That said work out what a sensible diet is as well as sensible level of calories. It should be safe. Spend the remaining calories wisely and maintain that deficit hence the reason to record everything you eat. You should be looking at nutrition and eating things you get good value from, they might make you feel full as well. Its up to you how much exercise you do. Imo it helps a lot because you cna have the option to eat back some of those burned calories and it ives added flexibility to maintaining the calorie deficit.

See how it goes we all lose at different rates and we all have different diets to suit us. the basics are the same though. Maintain the deficit and you will lose weight, although not in a straight line. Learn from the other posters.
  • bigboar
    bigboar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think so. I started June 17th and have lost 19.6 lbs.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 1.. the only thing that isnt good about today is i'm getting sick.. maybe its a sign i need to be healthy
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just have to say, once I stopped hoping to lose weight and started trying, I started losing instantly :)

I do think it will be a challenge, but that doesn't mean you can't work towards your goal. You'll be closer than if you hadn't started! Good luck!