protein bars for my birthday!!!

Options
My team at work knows I have started a nerw healthy lifestyle so to celebrate my birthday we had chocolate protein bars instead of cake and ice cream. I thought that was very thoughtful and supportive of them. Anyone else have experiences when people around you jump on board ?

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    That is super awesome!!

I have a co-worker who is VERY health conscious and doesn't eat any type of treats at all. As a thank you gift for her work on a project, the manager sent a fruit/nut basket in place of chocolate/something else. I thought it was pretty awesome that they actually considered what she'd like rather than throwing a generic treat out there.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    well just going through the recent topics and there is another thread about candy in the office... yikes... its a war zone out there folks!!! be careful and watch where you step
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well that was nice of them.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Were they good? I think I'd rather have a fruit tray or something... Or cupcakes.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Glad you liked them! I guess that's what's important.

Me, on the other hand, would have gone to Dairy Queen and brought back an ice cream cake. It's cake AND ice cream. But I'm a diva on the one day a year of which I was birthed.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If someone got me protein bars for my birthday, I'd beat their face in

*ETA "in lieu of cake"

If there was cake accompanying said protein bars, we'd be cool. Just protein bars? Meh.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    If someone got me protein bars for my birthday, I'd beat their face in

Actually, in my head, I saw Office Space styling the beat down with protein bars smashing everywhur