Here's a dumb question

Options
I want to start the squat challenge I found on the the Blog section, I know I'm a bit late but better late than never right ?

I feel that I bend too much at my hip/waist to keep my balance. Is there a "best" angle or range of angles, that your back is to be compared to the floor ?

Thanks

Replies

• skalkbrenn
    skalkbrenn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When you go down to do your squat make sure that your butt is pulled back and put your arms straight out in front of you so that they are parallel to the floor. This will keep your back straight.
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So your back it to be straight up and down, 90 degrees perpendicular in relation to the floor?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    You should feel like you're just about to topple backwards when you squat (according to my boot camp instructor). But honestly, I can't seem to keep my back vertical either. Wouldn't it have to do with your body proportions and weight distribution?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Stick your butt out. More. More. To the point it feels awkward. Okay good. Keep the chest up. Look in front of you or slightly above you. If you can't balance stick your arms out straight ahead. ;)

Trust me starting squats feels unnatural so it's not a dumb question.

20100624-no-equipment-1-600x411.jpg

If you cannot perform this you may want to modify with a chair or box.