Frustrated with my BFF

Options
My best friend is "doing Weight Watchers" but it clearly isn't working. I have never had much luck with WW, and I don't think she's really counting everything she eats. I keep subtely mentioning this website and the success my mom and I have been having with it, but she isn't interested. It just makes me sad to see her eating so unhealthily, and I don't want to push the matter and upset her. I know she's been stressed out anyway with school and family. Anyway, I just needed to vent.

Replies

• sarahbearbear
    Options
    My best friend is "doing Weight Watchers" but it clearly isn't working. I have never had much luck with WW, and I don't think she's really counting everything she eats. I keep subtely mentioning this website and the success my mom and I have been having with it, but she isn't interested. It just makes me sad to see her eating so unhealthily, and I don't want to push the matter and upset her. I know she's been stressed out anyway with school and family. Anyway, I just needed to vent.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :happy: Good for you for being such an awesome friend!

i was hesitant starting here, too....but South Beach and Fat Flush didn't work because I was still consuming like 3000 calories (especially with Fat Flush and all that juice....oye...and the headaches from being so dehydrated...lord)

She'll see the light. I'm working on my mother, too.....

Good luck Sarah!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    all you can do is suggest. everybody reaches their own breaking point at different stages, so be patient and supportive for when she hits that point where she's ready for change, if she ever does. i know there are people in my family that i would love to see lose weight because i know they would be healthier but you can't make them want it. and if they don't want it, it won't be a success. sounds like you've mentioned it to her, i think you need to lay low until she's ready for your help. otherwise, maybe she might start to get sensitive? i'm not trying to be rude to you, and obviously, i don't know you guys' personalities/relationship at all, but i'm thinking that it'd make me pretty bummed out if my bff was always hinting around about my weight, especially because she's probably already frustrated at the lack of sucess she's having with weight watchers. just my 2cents for what it's worth :flowerforyou: