looking for new routine...same old just isn't doing it!

I've been working out as a normal part of my life for the last 10 years. I am 49 years old and broke my ankle last year which put me down for almost 6 months. With the depression and not being able to move I gained the 10 pounds back that it took me 3 years to lose :-( I also started taking thyroid medicine and a lower dose of hormones.

What I used to do just isn't giving me the same results... I have been looking at different types of workouts and just don't know what to try. 30 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes of weight machines 4 times a week along with a diet of approx. 1500 calories a day is what made me lose before, but it just isn't giving me the same results now. HELP!! I need something new to try :smile:

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    strong curves by brett contreras
    strong lifts
    starting strength
    crossfit
    boxing/martial arts
    train for a sport

i'm also a long term exerciser and former athlete . instead of doing the same old tired gym routines i decided this year that i'm going to get back into competing next year. i plan on doing powerlifting and spartan races. i personally find it funner to have something to train for, but that's probably because i enjoy being an athlete and really missed that
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    ^ what she said :)
  • get into training for triathlons, a new sport( tennis, etc) or a new class or a new machine( rowing machine, Stairmaster, kettlebells, etc)