protein shakes??

Options
2»

Replies

• Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    EAS Whey, Vanilla. Because I'm cheaper and it has a lot of potassium, is lower in sugar than soy protein and also tastes better.

This morning I'm having it in:

1 c almond milk
    1/2 banana
    1 Tb quick oats
    1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
    4 ice cubes

Yum yum. I also mix it in greek yogurt for "greek yogurt pudding" and tried it in oat bran recently (which wasn't bad, either). Next experiment will be with coffee and chai...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I buy what's on sale, but I do make sure I check the nutritional information as well. The only flavor I don't mind is chocolate which I mix with milk and a little peanut butter. I haven't found any other flavors that I like.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I love the ProtiDiet Fruit Concentrates. I can't stand the creamy protein shakes. These are clear, think Crystal Light, fruit flavors. They are 70 cals, 15 g Protein, and 2 Sugar. They are not as high protein as some of the others, but I use them to up my protein without upping my calories. I also mix them with 1 liter of water instead of the recommended 8 ounces so I get extra water in each day with using them. Much lighter and easier on my tummy...the creamy shake type drinks tend to upset my stomach. My faves are the Green Tea/Cranberry, Lemonade, Peach/Mango and Kiwi/Melon.

Hmmm....might have to check these ones out. I don't care for the regular shakes either, make me gag.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love the ProtiDiet Fruit Concentrates. I can't stand the creamy protein shakes. These are clear, think Crystal Light, fruit flavors. They are 70 cals, 15 g Protein, and 2 Sugar. They are not as high protein as some of the others, but I use them to up my protein without upping my calories. I also mix them with 1 liter of water instead of the recommended 8 ounces so I get extra water in each day with using them. Much lighter and easier on my tummy...the creamy shake type drinks tend to upset my stomach. My faves are the Green Tea/Cranberry, Lemonade, Peach/Mango and Kiwi/Melon.

Hmmm....might have to check these ones out. I don't care for the regular shakes either, make me gag.

That does sound interesting! I don't mind shakes, but it's good to change it up, too. :smile:
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

These are a liquid concentrate and mix very easy. They come in a little plastic packet that has a tear off top and mix very easily in water. Perfect for on the go. I keep a couple in the glove box of each of the ambulances I run on. PM me for info, if you'd like. :)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    How do you get peanut butter to mix up in a shake, and not get hard?
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i have my protein impact whey, just have unflavoured as you get most protein per serving, then add hot chocolate powder for the chocolate taste.