On The Go Lunch Ideas

Options
Due to a handful of silly circumstances, we have been stupid busy at work lately, and I have pretty much had to choose between taking a real lunch break or leaving work on time, and sometimes neither one of those things happen. Therefore, I have had to make sure my lunch is something that I can basically eat with one hand (sometimes, behind the wheel, shhh). When this happens, something like microwaved leftovers is out.

Can you help me with my mental block about what to pack for my lunch besides a sandwich?

Replies

• Kelli0453
    Kelli0453 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.volpifoods.com/recipes/antipasto-vino-classico/

I like making meat/cheese/veggie skewers -- something similar to the above link
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What I did was buy myself and my husband some containers that had three compartments in it. I then add cut up fruit/Veggies, and sandwich and perhaps some boiled eggs. You can make some sandwiches that aren't messy such as tuna, or a grilled Panini so that it won't fall apart so that you can eat it one handed. :) Also, when all else fails... Search Pinterest!
  • i do the same so i take apples, almonds/brazil nuts, oatcakes, bananas, cooked chicken fillets - can eat all by hand no fuss :-)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I work very long hours. 11-12 hour days with a 45 minute commute. Eat at my desk. I always have raw veggies (carrots, celery, radishes, cucumbers), baby dill pickles, low calorie string cheese, sandwiches made on the small round sandwich thin bread/rolls. Turkey jerkey, hard boiled eggs, grapes or other fruit cut up in small pieces. I grill every week and I sometimes bring in cut up pieces of grilled chicken breast, pork roast or steak and just eat it cold.