Hashimoto's?

Options
Is anyone out there suffering from Hashimoto's and having a difficult time losing weight, even with calorie deficit and daily exercise? I was diagnosed about 2 years ago, had some success losing weight last year, but after gaining it back, I've been trying EVERYTHING with no success. Has anyone found tricks around a slow thyroid? Besides thyroid meds, are there any foods I should be avoiding or eating more of?

Thanks!

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with this about 15 years ago. It's never really bothered me. It definitely makes losing weight harder but I've always found that it just makes me even more motivated to work as hard as I need to to be able to lose.
  • ashie075
    ashie075 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How often do you get your blood tested? If its been awhile you should ask your doc to do another test. Things like eating a high fibre diet or inconsistency with taking your thyroid medication can all inhibit weight loss. I was having the same problem, got my blood work done, moved up to 88mg and the weight has started coming off again.

Good Luck!
  • hster3
    hster3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually have an endo appointment in a few weeks with updated bloodwork, so hopefully that is the case. Congrats with your weight loss!