okay I have a question!!!

Options
tomorrow for breakfast I'm going to make a smoothe! I'm making it out of 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 cup OJ, and 2 cups Sliced Peaches...... I calculated everything up and it comes up 370 calories( which makes each serving 185 calories) and this make 2 servings! my qustion is should i drink both servings or should i save one for the next day?

Replies

• ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    tomorrow for breakfast I'm going to make a smoothe! I'm making it out of 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 cup OJ, and 2 cups Sliced Peaches...... I calculated everything up and it comes up 370 calories( which makes each serving 185 calories) and this make 2 servings! my qustion is should i drink both servings or should i save one for the next day?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    That is going to be a HUGE smoothie! :tongue:

I doubt you could drink it all! :sick:

From a gal who makes a lot of smoothies, I might try a 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 cup OJ, some ice cubes, and a 1/4 cup or so of fruit. It will also be REALLY thick if you do those quantities! I also wouldn't recommend saving a smoothie portion for the next day, as they tend to seperate, and the dairy component might go "off" once mixed with the acid from the fruit. I think you've got to make it and drink it pretty quickly!

Let us know how it is. Enjoy!
    :flowerforyou:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on whether you would be satisfied after 2 servings - that is, whether you would then be able to say, ok, I've had my breakfast and I'm not going to eat again until lunch.

I know for me, I would rather have half a smoothie, and another 150 calories from oatmeal or toast. I need solid food to be satisfied and satiated, but that's me ... Everyone is different.

To AJ's point, you might just use half of each ingredient to make a smaller smoothie. :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Why dont u just make half as much? :huh: then if you're still hungry, make the other half....... or make the other half the next day?
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i'd say make less and when it's delicious, you can make some more!:tongue:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    oops, i posted twice, finger got a little jumpy, .so . ... . . umm . . .. .everybody have fabulous evening and i totally meant to do that. . .. yeah, . . . . that's it! lol:tongue:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I would freeze the other serving in 2 very small containers with lids. You can have one for dessert tonight and save the other for later in the week. You need more for breakfast than just that smoothie or you WILL be hungry and that is a no-no. What about peanut butter on 1 slice of whole grain bread with the smoothie? Just a thought.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'd go with AJCM's version, and add in some protein powder to boot.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'd go with AJCM's version, and add in some protein powder to boot.

Astrid's got I - I forgot about this all important ingredient! Throw a little protein powder in! A protein rich shake holds me until breakfast - or with a fresh fruit snack in between meals.
    :smile:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Astrid's got I - I forgot about this all important ingredient! Throw a little protein powder in! A protein rich shake holds me until breakfast - or with a fresh fruit snack in between meals.
    :smile:

Until breakfast? I thought it was breakfast? :wink:

You might also just try dipping the sliced peaches into the yogurt and eating it that way. It takes time to fill up, and since dipping takes time, you're likely to get full on fewer calories than if you drank it down.

Or you might just consider skipping the OJ, for a peaches 'n' cream smoothie, and save 110 calories.

Just my 2 cents.