Bodybugg

Gemstone3237
Gemstone3237 Posts: 12 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone use the bodybugg and this site? I was wondering if there is anyway to link the two sites so you dont have to enter all your foods at both sites. If so please let me know how. Thanks

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I use a similar product (the BodyMedia version) - No way to link the two sites, but I know on the site for the BodyMedia product, I can just enter the total calories I eat each day. I log my food in detail here on MFP, and enter my exercise calories (which I get from the BodyMedia FIT). If I wanted to, I could then take my total calories for the day and plug that in on the BodyMedia site, so that I have a complete record (what I ate as well as what I burned) on both sites. Usually, though, I just use the MFP site and don't bother logging food eaten on the BodyMedia site - I see no reason to log everything on both.
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    I have the Bodymedia Fit (made by same company) and I tried using their tracker but I ended up having to recreate so much so I came back here. I track my food & exercise, and then just enter my total calories for the day as a "Daily Estimate" on my BMF site. I dont know if the Bodybugg has a "daily estimate" option or not though.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I have the Bodybugg...I used to log all my calories here and then put them in the Bodybugg site at the end of the day. I use MFP because their food database is MUCH more extensive and it's easier to use.

Now I just do the math in my head for the deficit, rather than plugging in the number into the Bodybugg site. For example...I'm already at a 2300 calorie burn on the day...that will put me around 2800-2900 by the end of the day. I can realistically eat up to 2200 calories and still keep a sizeable deficit, but need to make sure I eat at least 1800 so that my deficit isn't too high.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    I've been using the bodybugg tools for a long time now - long before I came here. I never had a problem with their tools but definetly noticed some things I liked here better LOL!! But I'm still quite happy with their tools and I don't want to enter things twice (don't think there's a way to link), so I enter things in the bodybugg tools (since that's the philosophy I follow anyway - meaning I don't intentionally eat back my excercise calories or use a "net" anything) and just post my results here every morning. Here's an example post: "Yesterday's results (from bodybugg): Calories burned: 2446. Calories consumed: 1439. Deficit 1007."

I love this site for the community and the friend features - The two things I thinks are lacking with the bodybugg tools. I still post my workouts here because it doesn't take much time and it keeps me accountible to my friends here. The only thing that's missing is that my friends can't see what I've been eating, but they can see the total amount with my daily results post.

Hope that helps!!!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    I have the Bodymedia Fit (made by same company) and I tried using their tracker but I ended up having to recreate so much so I came back here. I track my food & exercise, and then just enter my total calories for the day as a "Daily Estimate" on my BMF site. I dont know if the Bodybugg has a "daily estimate" option or not though.

I don't think they do, but if they did - I might try it... If anyone knows of one - let me know!

I actually think there are some things nicer with the food tracking here and some things that are nicer there. I've entered in so many of the foods and recipes I usually eat into the BB site that it really works better for me at this point - but I do wish sometimes I could do it here instead.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    What I do is log everything on MFP and then make one entry into my Bodybugg that I call "Calories 12/20"--I enter in the information for calories and macronutrients that I track here on MFP. Easy peasy.
  • Gemstone3237
    Gemstone3237 Posts: 12 Member
    Today was my first day on the Bodybugg site. I feel way more comfortable with MFP. I think because I already have so many of the foods I eat stored here. I looked on BB and I couldnt figure out how to just enter my calorie total from the day. If I read ur post right...thats what u do? Or maybe u have a smart phone. Im not sure LOL I have the BB and watch so if you know of a way to just enter my total calories for the day on the BB site could you pleae let me know. I really want the feedback from the site but their database was...small. I couldnt find a lot of my foods. :(
This discussion has been closed.