Help me get rid of my wobble and orange peel

Options
Hello,

Hope y'all well?

I'm Jen, 36yo mum to 3yo twin boys.. in the UK (not sure if we all are?)

I have been a gym member on and off for the last 18 years. I started running in March this year and can now do 5K in 30-34 mins.

Since I was about 28/3-yo, my legs have just been so wobbly and orange peel like.. Now.. I really want to do something about it...

I have joined 2 gyms (both budget gyms), one near work and the other near home and I am working out 5-6 days a week. Whether this be a class, core, Pilates or Yoga and strength training. I really want to pop my legs and get rid of these bumps.. I am thinking big legs means less cellulite! I know I need to cut out a lot of sugar, as this is my vice and has probably contributed a lot to my orange peel legs! I haven't had chocolate for 3 days now! This is a BIG deal for me! Not sure I want to give it up all together though!

No sure why I am so wobbly though? It's not like I have just sat on my bum all my life! Well apart from my desk job!

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what else I can do to help build lean muscle.. Should I take supplements? as well as protein shakes (I currently use 100% Whey by TPW). If so which supplements?

How much protein should I be consuming daily to help me build muscle?

I don't want to compete, but I wouldn't mind a body that looks like I could!

By the way I am 5ft 10.5 (180cm) and 65kg (143lb)

Thanks in advance.

Love

Jen x

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is predominately genetic, Saying that, reducing all over body fat could definately reduce, if not eliminate it. You can't spot reduce.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is predominately genetic, Saying that, reducing all over body fat could definately reduce, if not eliminate it. You can't spot reduce.

What worked for me was reducing eating crap like chocolate and cakes and lifting weights the difference is drastic. I would suggest clean up your diet, lift 3/4 times a week and keep cardio to a minimum.

I wish I'd learnt of the benefits of lifting years ago!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I agree with weight lifting - try a programme like Stronglifts or Starting Strength. You won't get rid of your cellulite but you can reduce the appearance. It's unfortunately genetic (I've seen super skinny girls with it and heavier people with very litlte). Welcome to being a woman.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Concerning protien intake...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Concerning supplements...

*Of the possible legal supplements, the authors make positive arguments for Creatine, beta-alanine and Caffeine. Other supplements, like BCAA's, Arginine, Citrulline malate, etc... are found to be lacking in long term research, efficacy or safety evaluations

*http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1386749-article-review-evidence-based-nutrition-and-supplements?page=1#posts-21046455

Lifting programs have already been mentioned in the above responses.
  • SarahNicoleW94
    Options
    ive managed to get rid of cellulite on my legs by reducing my overall body fat & drinking loads more water than I used to!
  • jennibooG
    Options

Thanks for your reply..

I would say diet is the main factor (rather than genetics, my mum doesn't have any!) and I know I have way too much sugar/crap in there! Or did..

I only have it on my legs. I don't have fat elsewhere!
  • jennibooG
    Options
    I agree with weight lifting - try a programme like Stronglifts or Starting Strength. You won't get rid of your cellulite but you can reduce the appearance. It's unfortunately genetic (I've seen super skinny girls with it and heavier people with very litlte). Welcome to being a woman.

Thanks for the lifting advice, I will check out the programmes.

Skinny girls can have unhealthy diets, i.e crap, sugar.. So I would disagree again with mainly genetics.. Some of my girlfriends are overweight and swear they don't eat crap!?!?

by the way love how you call a slim girl skinny, but you call a overweight person heavy rather than fat!! I find the word skinny just as offensive as fat! And I am sure most slim girls/boys would agree!

Sorry if my honesty offends, but just saying :o)