When you weigh yourself

Options
When you weigh yourself, do you do it with all your clothes on or off? Because when I weigh myself I'm usually fully clothed... but always in the same clothes ( my work clothes - yes i do wash them :P ).

Just wondering what's better?

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter, as long as you are consistent. If weighing with your clothes on works best, then just do it that way! Sometimes I think that would be better - then when I went to my doctor's office, it would be more comparable (they weigh me with my clothes on). However, I usually weight myself without anything on, right before I jump in the shower in the mornings.
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Agreed, as long as you are consistent...I tend to go clothes off first thing in the morning before I eat anything
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    i weigh just before a shower with my clothes off. i find that when i weigh with my clothes on, i am usually a pound of 2 heavier depending on what i am wearing
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    The only consistent way for me is weighing without clothes. But, to each their own!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I weigh clothes off. If you have the same clothing every single time, then it's just as effective to track weight loss with your clothes on. But if you wear different clothes, the variation in weight of each article will give you fluctuations in your readings.
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I weigh in 1st thing in the morning, after the washroom, clothes off. Especially now in winter it makes 1 lb or more difference in sweater, wooley socks, ect ect.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on the fancy scale at the gym, and thus am clothed. However, I always make sure I'm wearing approximately the same amount of clothing when I get on the scale, and I always do it in sock feet (no shoes... they're heavy!).
  • findngme
    Options
    i weigh in before getting in the shower, eating or drinking anything. clothes off. if i forget to weigh in then or i'm dying of thirst and need a drink first, i hold off till the next day.
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself without any clothing on, right when I wake up, after I have used the restroom :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings, after bathroom, in only undies is what I do. The important thing is to be consistent and first thing in the morning makes for best chance to be consistent across weeks.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I agree with wyze,I_Wanna_B_an_RN, gargwin82 & bratt78
    First thing in the morning with no clothes on & after a visit to the bathrrom.
  • kat_1972
    kat_1972 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh in with my clothes on; and It isn't always the same clothes. But since I am keeping track over time the little amount of difference in my clothes is not really a big deal. I have lost 36 pounds since July and my clothes don't weight 36 pounds! No matter what I am wearing! So, I don't really worry about that too much.
  • sinbad1971
    Options
    usually in jeans and a shirt when i weigh my self so knock 2lb off, its probably nearer a pound in truth that my clothes weigh, but whats a pound eh? you can get too obsessed with numbers?!
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Clothes of in the morning after bathroom & shower!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I agree. I do it before I shower (just before... so you know, I'm naked) and after bathroom stuff (pee / river snake... did I just type that? gross).

Anyway, I DON'T EAT or DRINK before weighing myself. I want to ensure my measurement is consistent from day to day.

Also, I weigh daily. Some may say that's obsessive, but I also eat daily... so I think it is fair.