lifting and muscle

Options
2»

Replies

• explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Why so salty?
    Why don't you google Jennifer Anniston's workout routine and diet. These people on this site are in love with muscular women and heavy lifting and they cannot believe that there is any other way to look good. So be prepared to hear the heavy lifting thing over and over again. They should just post that at the top of the forum so nobody ever asks a question about it again.

Maybe he is salty because he isn't seeing good results from his not-lifting routine? My best guess.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I smells trolls!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Everyone has a different idea of what aesthetic they find attractive so no judgment here. If your gym offers it try something like a Bodypump class, high reps, low weights, more cardio in my opinion. I have people ask me for advice at the gym and it usually starts off with, I don't want to get big and bulky but what can I do... Some even say, I don't want to look like you but.... I'm not offended. To each their own.

Hey Vegas, you look really good! I like the top and the awesome shoulders look. Kudos!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a different idea of what aesthetic they find attractive so no judgment here. If your gym offers it try something like a Bodypump class, high reps, low weights, more cardio in my opinion. I have people ask me for advice at the gym and it usually starts off with, I don't want to get big and bulky but what can I do... Some even say, I don't want to look like you but.... I'm not offended. To each their own.

I'd love to look like you!

Thank you! But you look pretty good already! Those abs!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    That's mean.....

:laugh: :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :laugh:

Why so salty?
    Why don't you google Jennifer Anniston's workout routine and diet. These people on this site are in love with muscular women and heavy lifting and they cannot believe that there is any other way to look good. So be prepared to hear the heavy lifting thing over and over again. They should just post that at the top of the forum so nobody ever asks a question about it again.

Maybe he is salty because he isn't seeing good results from his not-lifting routine? My best guess.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    This can't be life?

It's sad but true. :ohwell:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^this

However, if you do not gain any appreciable muscle, then your metabolism will not increase by any amount that will really make a difference (and even if you do, its not by that much), other than the energy you expend doing the training (and the resultant energy expended to repair the muscles).

Most muscular looks however are attained due to a combination of muscle development and a low body fat.

Edited...because typing is hard apparently!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the confusion. I thrive on chaos
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Jennifer Aniston has some muscles though:

jennifer-aniston-friends-of-el-faro.jpg
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Jennifer Aniston has some muscles though:

jennifer-aniston-friends-of-el-faro.jpg

Jen Anison is awesome. And I'm sure she lifts a bit.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    you don't need to lift to increase your metabolism. (nothing wrong with it, I just don't currently go to a gym. I did it for decades).

you can run, ride a bike, or basically do any exercise in short, strenuous bouts. Like sprints. You'll probably still develop muscles. More importantly, as you get leaner the tissue underneath shows as you decrease the fat layer. So your legs might not be muscular, just bony. Look at professional cyclists Vs. rowers.

Again, nothing wrong with any of those body types. It's just that you don't "need" to lift. It's just a good option.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

Hey Vegas, you look really good! I like the top and the awesome shoulders look. Kudos!

Thank you!
  • belrowley
    Options
    You do look good, vegas.

And thanks for replying to my question nicely.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just for the record RandomTai called Trollololol 2 DAYS AGO! LOL
  • belrowley
    Options
    I was not trying to incite any trouble or arguing. If I asked the wrong question in this forum, I apologize. I am fumbling through taking steps to think about weight and health differently, I probably worded it wrong. Thanks to those who replied.

Best.