Weight of bars

Options
2»

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I can't get over the squat bar being 15#?! Dear god that would bend and fast.

Most bars are 45#. At my gym, the "bar" on the Smith machine is 25#. The ones used in cardio class (the wee skinny aluminum bars) are like 3#. I think the curl bar (the one that goes ^v^v^ ) (I hate that bar, it hurts my wrists) may be 15#.

You could just ask. It's not a stupid question. And yes, you count the bar weight in to what you are lifting.

Yeah, I had to read the label twice. To be fair, there are four squat stations and only two of them have this label. They are the squat racks where if you rotate the bar, two hooks will latch the bar in place so it won't fall and it never leaves the tracks it is in. (only moves vertically). The other two stations just have a normal (45lb - I imagine) bar that you can move off the pegs however you want.

Smith machine =/= squat rack :D

Congratulations?? I said in the first quote I was new to it, you don't have to be an *kitten*. Whether or not it equals a squat rack really had nothing to do with my question, but please, continue on in your day being happy for stating that I was using the wrong term.

Did you not see the smiley face?

You say you are new, I am providing you with information you didn't have in the first place.

Do you want to be like the Little Mermaid who thinks a fork is a dinglehopper and a pipe is a snarfblatt?