It's not about perfection

Options
I use to think that if I messed up eating something I shouldn't have, I would just eat like crap the rest of the day. Which meant I failed my diet yet again so why bother?

I say NOW..... forgive yourself and move on....be consistant with your eating. Stay away from processed foods, sugar, sugar substitutes. Start eating more protein and complexed carbs. Eat whole grain foods. Avoid the soda, especially diet soda. Drink more water. Watch your sodium intake (no more than 2500mg a day) and exercise regularly (at least 4-5x's a week) and you will see the results you have been wanting (idealy 3-4 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training different areas of your body). There's no pill or surgery that will give you the results of hard work and dedication will give you. It's about a healthy body, not a skinny body. Trust me, I have skinny friends who are very unhealthy because of the food they put in there body. There's no significance in immediate gratification. When you work hard for something you will stick with it much easier than if you had surgery and think you can still eat like crap.

When someone asks you " how did you get your "AMAZING" results?'' What are you going to say? Surgery or Hard work and dedication? Which is more gratifying to say?

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    A few months ago I picked up The Eat Clean Diet Recharged and I subscribe to Oxygen Magazine (and a few other fitness ones) and I've been looking up clean eating till my eyes wouldn't take it any longer. I'm almost 7 weeks in and I'm trying to eat as clean as possible. I buy what I can afford at the grocery store (which is only 20 bucks every 2 weeks) but I'm still not off all processed/packaged food. I still buy 99 cent meals that are frozen and also packed with sodium and other nasty artificial ingredients. But I won't stay like that for long. When I used to buy only "clean" foods on my other weight loss attempts I would spend 80 bucks every 2 weeks just to eat and I can't afford that anymore. I'm starting up a new job in February so I'll be back on the clean eating wagon again :).
  • uncreativename
    Options
    that is exactly my problem, once i screw up, then im like well what difference does it make i screwed up again, then i just eat more.... then i hate myself for eating, so i eat even more and its horrific cycle. im down 40 lbs in 4 years, but its been rough, lots of bad dieting etc... now im just trying to get healthy but motivation is so hard =(
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know what your saying. I am laid off right now and I am a single mom taking care of 2 girls. I watch every penny that I can but I choose to do without other things so I can eat as healthy as I can. Great job so far!
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    forgive yourself!! nobody is perfect, we all have bad times. It's how we come out of those slumps that makes us either thrive or just give up! Please don't give up, you are worth it to keep going!!!
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    I know what your saying. I am laid off right now and I am a single mom taking care of 2 girls. I watch every penny that I can but I choose to do without other things so I can eat as healthy as I can. Great job so far!

Problem is literally ALL my money goes towards food haha. So when I get money every penny goes towards food, even if it's 5 bucks I find. I maybe spend 10 bucks every 2 months on other things like shampoo/toothpaste/personal things.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    It is no wonder you have had such amazing results with that great attitude! You are a wonderful example of someone to look up to. Thanks for your "always" great comments.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I love your optimism! I have only recently been thinking the same thing. It's so refreshing to see posts like this so thank you.