New Year's Resolutions

♥jewelchristian♥
♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I know it's a couple of weeks away, but have you made or thought about your resolutions for 2011, (if you make them). I'm just starting to think about mine.

1. 100 oz of water every day
2. Some form of exercise every day

How about you?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Eat more protein!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    1000 miles during the year... run/hiked/biked :)
  • Here are mine:

1-Lose 5lbs a month
    2-Exercise every day, at least 30 minutes per day
    3-Drink less beer(LOL, yes, I love beer and this one will be difficult)
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Hmm I haven't even thought about these yet.......

1. Exercise 3 days a week!
    2. Spend more time outside with my girls!
    3. Find a way to ENJOY cleaning (LOL) I really hate cleaning the house!
    4. Run a 5k!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    I try not to make New Years Resolutions because I know their easy to break. I'm just going to continue with the promises I made to myself in November. To get in better shape, lose weight, and eat healthier.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    It's important to make resolutions realistic, specific and measurable - similar to how they do the performance goals/reviews where I work!

I don't usually make resolutions, but I will be making 2 this year, which fit together:

1) Walk/Jog/Hike 900 miles (average of 15 miles/week for half of the year, and 20 miles/week for the other half)

2) Reach 140 lbs by the end of 2011 - this will be within 10 pounds of my goal weight. I lost about 30 pounds from Sept-Dec 2009, then about 10 lbs total in all of 2010 (maybe 15 by year end...we'll see!), and I really feel ready to ramp it up and lose the rest of this weight. I feel that this is do-able, as it is losing a little less than 1 lb/week on average. I anticipate losing faster than that for the first half of the year, but it will probably slow down the less I have to lose.

Really, there are a lot more things that I am working on doing - increasing my exercise, improving my diet, etc., but these are all long-term lifestyle changes that I've already started and I don't want to make them New Year's resolutions. All of that will help me accomplish the two I've set above.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    I just wanna reach 150 in the new year. I've gone from 206 to under 175 since August but I want to make sure I don't give up when I'm so close to my goal!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Pick a new goal today. Pick something you want to achieve. Scrawl it on a scrap of paper and tack it up on your wall. Write today’s date on it. Don't wait for a New year to resolve to do something. Want it? DO IT!
  • 1-To hit the 100 Jazzercise classes by June and 300 by December 2011
    2-Keep the inside of my car neat and tidy (bring everything in the house and put it away)
    3-Eat breakfast every day
    So far that's it. I may add more later.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    I agree Jazzy, I used to leave tack in my car - my car smelled and it was bad for my tack too!
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    No New Year's resolutions here - I made my resolution in September, and haven't broken it yet, so I'm sticking with that one...

"Get healthy"

And...I must say, it's working!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Good plan Paul. I'm just going to keep on doing what I've been doing
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    I have a few.

1. Do not hit the snooze button. Ever.
    2. Drink all 8 glasses of water every day.
    3. Eat breakfast every day.
  • Mindful_Trent
    I have a few.

Oh, man - if I could do this, my mornings would go so much more smoothly - I'm not quite sure how to get there, though! I've tried changing alarm tones, making myself get out of bed to turn off the alarm, leaving myself notes on the alarm clock, etc., but I seem to be in automatic when I first wake up and just reset the alarm and go back to bed. :laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    I have a few.

Oh, man - if I could do this, my mornings would go so much more smoothly - I'm not quite sure how to get there, though! I've tried changing alarm tones, making myself get out of bed to turn off the alarm, leaving myself notes on the alarm clock, etc., but I seem to be in automatic when I first wake up and just reset the alarm and go back to bed. :laugh:

Move your alarm clock across the room so you have to get up to turn it off.
  • Mindful_Trent
    I have a few.

It already is! Seriously... I'm half-zombie in the mornings - I'll wake up, stumble across the room, turn it off/reset it and go back to bed for another 15/30 minutes. :embarassed:
  • XFitMojoMom
    I have a few.

It already is! Seriously... I'm half-zombie in the mornings - I'll wake up, stumble across the room, turn it off/reset it and go back to bed for another 15/30 minutes. :embarassed:

This is a behavior - and just like learning to eat better and exercise - you need to break yourself from bad learned behaviors. You do, catch yourself, look in the mirror and say not today - leave your bedroom and get busy.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    I have a few.

I used to set my clock for 6:30 and snooze until 7:15. This week, I just set the clock for 7:15. There is no time AT ALL for me to snooze if I do that! Next week, I'm going to set it for 7. Then the week after for 6:45 and so on until my butt is at the gym before work.
This discussion has been closed.