belly fat

Options
Hi I am new to this and was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I am 5' 6'' and weigh 130 pounds...But I look 6 months pregnant...I've tried low carb but started to worry about my cholesterol and I had no energy. I think that if its a "real" food then it should help me to lose weight. So now I am trying to eat "real" low calorie foods. But if I eat an apple or a banana my stomach just blows up. I try and walk/run for 40 mins at least 3 times a week. If i eat low cal or low carb and if my stomach is flatter or not I still weigh the same. So my question is should I "ignore" the fat stomach and continue to eat healthy real food and exercise. And the weight should come off? I understand that I need a calorie deficit to lose weight. I've been switching back and forth because I cant decide which is the more healthy route.
Ive been tested for a wheat allergy and I dont have one.

Replies

• nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce fat, you need to keep losing all over and eventually the belly will go
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi minstine! Have you had a chance to read through some of the pinned topics at the top of each board? I'm thinking in particular about this one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Is he saying an 800 calorie deficit is not going to help?! I think one of my main problems is if I dont eat literally every 2 hours I get shaky and nauseous. I can't find where he is saying what to eat that will fuel our body.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Is he saying an 800 calorie deficit is not going to help?! I think one of my main problems is if I dont eat literally every 2 hours I get shaky and nauseous. I can't find where he is saying what to eat that will fuel our body.

If you're referring to the link I posted above, usmcmp is actually a she. And she's suggesting that a smaller calorie deficit will allow you to retain muscle, lose fat, and reshape your body. It may be slower weight loss, but if you're after that "toned" look, you're more likely to get the results you want that way.