Starting slowly, doing well. In it for the long haul.

Options
Hi everyone. I've lost about 16 pounds in the last 3 wks. Which is a lot. I had surgery which required a preop diet and I've been continuing to watch what is going in my mouth since before and now 2 weeks after surgery. I used to loathe the idea of calorie counting, but the MFP app for iPhone is sooooo simple to use. I never thought I would be one to actually try and stay under or within a certain amount of calories, but this tool is such a no brainer, I actually enjoy using it everyday.
Exercise, that is a mountain I've yet to climb. To be completely honest, I hate exercise. Just being honest here, I don't enjoy it. This is a hurdle that I have to work on. Hard to wrap my brain around how I am fitting this into my life as well. No excuses. Just being open about my "issues" with exercising.

I'm hoping to chat with other individuals during their process with losing and getting healthier. I would live to talk to you about your ups and downs.

Take care.

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Good luck in the rest of your journey!! You can do it! MFP is a fantastic tool to help you and the community here is awesome!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Start to walk. It isn't difficult and will get you up and active. Start by walking as much as you can, aim for at least 20 minutes, then add in 5 more minutes per week. Once you feel good about it then work on increasing your pace, but only make an adjustment to time or pace once per week so you have time to adjust to it.
    I live in Canada so often go to one of the bigger malls for my walks so I can be warm and indoors. If you don't like the solitude then get an ipod and walk to the beat of your favorite music.

Exercise is hard when you are heavy, we all started out saying we hated it . . . so you are certainly NOT alone!

Welcome to MFP and congrats on your loss so far!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE exercising, but now being active and working out is a drug to me, seriously. I LOVE to run (never in my life before). I feel cranky now when I can't get a workout in.

If you give it a serious try, you may find it to be the same way for you. :)
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I hope to learn a lot from all of you :)
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise now, I'm addicted. Just start slow and keep at it, you will succeed!