Salmon question...HELP!

Options
I had salmon for dinner and nowI am over on fat by over 100 calories,but I have almost 1000 calories left,if IO dont finish my fish...
What do I do?! I am hungry and want to eat but I don't want to gain!
HELP!!!!

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Fill up on veggies and some carbs and have some fruit for dessert!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    salmon is good fat! it's omega 3 fat...don't stress~ just don't eat refined sugars...even fruit will put you over, but we all know fruit is good for you, so you're fine
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    That can't be right. I looked at your food diary. Salmon doesn't have 160 grams of fat! Somebody probably entered it wrong. It should be more like 16 grams.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That can't be right. I looked at your food diary. Salmon doesn't have 160 grams of fat! Somebody probably entered it wrong. It should be more like 16 grams.

^ this... but even if it were that much fat, omega 3 and 6 fats are essential for your heart and brain. Never worry about eating the good kinds of fats, including nuts, so long as you stay within calorie goal.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    And just so you know it's an error, every gram of fat has 9 calories in it. So let's say your salmon really did have 160 grams of fat, lol. It'd at least have to be 1440 calories, and that'd be 100% fat. Like I said, 16 grams of fat it what probably was MEANT to be entered.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Ditto.....Salmon is good fat.........enjoy your dinner:bigsmile:
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'd re check and also a single day won't kill you so eat what you need to not be hungry. tomorrow is another day so don't let the stress of today ruin it
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I had salmon for dinner and nowI am over on fat by over 100 calories,but I have almost 1000 calories left,if IO dont finish my fish...
    What do I do?! I am hungry and want to eat but I don't want to gain!
    HELP!!!!

Did you enter the numbers for the salmon? Since you said you're "over on fat by over 100 calories" you got me to thinking... If you entered the numbers, did you use the "calories from fat" instead of total fat grams? That would cause a significant difference. Make sure you're using "total fat grams" not "calories from fat".

Otherwise, I agree with most of what's been said already. Just make sure to eat fruits, vegetables and/or carbs for the rest of the day. I also look at it this way... I love salmon and avocados. They're both high in fat, but it's the good kind of fat. So, I don't mind going over on fat grams when I'm eating those things. I just make sure to stay within my calorie goal and keep all the other goals (carbs, sodium, etc) in check too.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The 1 fillet of salmon contains about 13-16 grams of fat not 160 grams. Double you fat content. :smile:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above responses.

I would just like to add that of all the choices of fish in the whole world, you probably picked the healthiest one!!! The "good" fats in salmon have been known to help in the reduction of cholesterol and triglycerides as well as aid in fat loss and ultimately weight loss.

For us meat eaters, it is recommended to have some fish each week, and on top of every list I have ever seen including those from my doctor, salmon is at the top.

If you are over on anything today, please don't blame the salmon which was very good for you!

And please eat if you are hungry. It won't do your body any good to be hungry, especially since it will induce cravings.