NSV snuck up on me

Options
Josalinn
Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
Ok so, The other day I had miserable post in the Motivation and Support forum. Thank you to all the supportive people and the kick in the rump.:ohwell:

Today I decided to measure myself. And I was quite pleased:blushing: I have lost 3 inches at my navel and 1 inch off my hips since the beginning of March.

So what does this mean? It means I got to go and update my "rewards chart." For reaching 30 inches at the navel, I get new work out music, so I'll be looking for new albums this weekend. For reaching 43 inch hips, I get to get my shoes repaired.

Yeah I know that doesn't sound that exciting but I am hard on my heels. I love my shoes so I don't want to throw them out. There is a nice place where I live that repairs shoes cheaply. Since most of the time I get my shoes on clearance for under $20, spending $10 every other year to get heals fixed is not to bad for over all expense.

I need to take updated progress pics too. That can happen next week when the BF can help.

So I am sorry for the cranky post in M&S. I should have done this before that so that I could have given myself the confidence boost I needed.

Replies

• amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of rewarding yourself in non-food ways at each milestone. I think I would like to incorporate that on this life change.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's what these forums are for! Those cranky posts. Sometimes you just need to vent, and who's better to understand then everyone of your friends that are chugging along on the same journey as you?

I'm stealing your idea of rewarding yourself with non food items. :)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Haha, its an idea that has floated on these forums for a while. All my "poundage" losses are not fun rewards, but more necessary: new bras and underwear every 10 pounds, and a new suit every 10 pounds (nothing expensive, but just you know so I don't look frumpy at work and job hunting.) So those alternate undies on the "5"s, suits on the "0".

For inches, it's more of the fun stuff: shoes, makeup, lingerie, corsets, music...and jeans. When all is said and done and I am at goal everything, and am happy with how I look, I'm going to do another photo shoot. I didn't love the one that I did before (it was a year ago and I weighed about what I do now), and I think I will have the BF help me pick the pictures this time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!