sugar free cake mixes

archiegirl
archiegirl Posts: 14
edited September 22 in Recipes
Just found out Pillsbury makes a sugar free cake mix and frosting, and now a brownie mix. I know, I know, it's empty calories. but if I substitute applesauce for the oil, and egg whites instead of whole egg, it's a very nice treat. still, I have to remember it's a treat. but it's so nice to be able to make something traditional and still be able to serve diabetics. Its made with Splenda. I am going to try the yellow cake mix with berries for Christmas, let me know what other ideas you come up with.

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Good to know; thanks. I'm like you, I won't live on this stuff, but it's good for a treat now and then. Especially glad to hear about the brownie mix!
  • that's great to know, everyone needs a treat now and then! I don't see any harm in that at all. Everything in moderation or it's a miserable journey! thanks :-)
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    I bought the sugar free cake mix and the sugar free frosting and I plan on making it for myself for Christmas. I usually don't have dessert at all but I thought it would be nice to have something just for the day and then I will toss what is left. Besides being on a restricted eating part of my plan I am also diabetic so having a treat on a special occasion sounds great.
  • I am going to keep a box on hand to take to work functions and other gatherings. it's very rare when you have a pot luck at work and there is a dessert that I can eat. it always amazes me... if someone has a pnut allergy or other food allergy then the entire team will work together to make sure there is nothing that will harm that person, as well as make sure there is something they can have, but think nothing of bringing in donuts and cake and offering it to a diabetic. or being insulted if you don't 'try a bite' of pasta, white bread, potatoes etc. I just tell them I am 'allergic' to sugar. lol.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    I made the sugar free sugar cookies this weekend and the kids loved them. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.