do compression undershirts work for loose skin?

Options
Hi there. Im a 22 year old male, looking for any reviews on compression shirts for loose skin. Anyone have any personal success using these? Im going to have loose skin from yoyo dieting in the past. Few months ago I went to a dietician and she taught me how to eat. Because of this I went from 252 to currently 218. My plan is to drop down some more but I dont know how much more. I go by pictures to see my success and ditched the scale as in the past it was my best friend one day and my worst enemy the next. But anyway, im noticing in my pictures im having a bit of loose skin in the abdomen and chest area. I moisturize my skin after showering and take vitamin c and gelatin supplements aswell. But im wondering if anyone used compression garments for loose skin and saw improvements? Any input would be great. Thank you.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    They're not going to miraculously make your skin retract. It can take up to two years after weightloss for your skin to retract fully. So a few months wont indicate how it will end up.. I wear compression tops under running tops while running just to stop any possible chaffing (untill you've had bleeding nipples you don't know what pain is). You need to accept you may or maynot have loose skin at the end but it's still better than the possible health complications of being obese. Try not too over think it or worry about something you have little control over most of it is down to genetics and age considering your age that will be helpful

Good luck