Stupid Serving Sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Have you ever shared one of these with *approximately* one other person?

11681.png

Nutrition Facts*
    Serving Size 1 cup
    Servings per container about 2

About??
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Texas toast croutons. One serving is one tbs (7g) at 30cals. That's like, 2 pieces of crouton. In my dry a s s salad .

This!

I've noticed a lot of brands of croutons are the same way, including my beloved 5lb bag of Olive Garden croutons from Sam's Club lol. And unless you have a food scale (which thankfully I do), getting a proper serving size is next to impossible.
  • fernlori
    fernlori Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i have to stop eating Stauffers mac & cheese b/c i love it but 2 servings for that was just unbelievable!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Double stuff golden Oreos....2 cookies. Yeah, right!
  • em_glidd
    em_glidd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    POPCORN. I do not have the time to do this math.

Serving size: 2 Tbsp
    Calories unpopped: 160
    Calories per 1 cup popped: 40

How many calories are in a BAG?! Drives me banana sammich.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

I noticed this the other day when I was at my parents' house. My mom had bought double stuffed Oreos and I lookes at the nutrition label and saw that a serving was 2 cookies. Please, a serving needs to be like 7 cookies or something. Who on Earth eats JUST 2 oreos?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Have you ever shared one of these with *approximately* one other person?

11681.png

Nutrition Facts*
    Serving Size 1 cup
    Servings per container about 2

About??

This drives me insane. Obviously, the container is meant for one person, since it's a small, microwaveable bowl... to eat out of... smh.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options

I noticed this the other day when I was at my parents' house. My mom had bought double stuffed Oreos and I lookes at the nutrition label and saw that a serving was 2 cookies. Please, a serving needs to be like 7 cookies or something. Who on Earth eats JUST 2 oreos?

You should see the Mega Stuff ones, but sadly, I've not found them in Golden, and I can't eat chocolate. The Mega Stuff Chocolate Oreos are hugemongously filled with cream!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    The Ben and Jerry's container of Cherry Garcia says it serves 4 people. Hahahahahahaha. That's hilarious.

I prefer Chunky Monkey......~Mmmmm~ ice cream

Phish Food!!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Ice cream - 1/2 cup. LOL
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the majority of the population learn math growing up? I don't see an issue.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Texas toast croutons. One serving is one tbs (7g) at 30cals. That's like, 2 pieces of crouton. In my dry a s s salad .

I used to eat a whole bag for a snack (dread to think how many calories!).
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    the 2/5 of a packet would probably be relative to 8 oz of water. Since most water bottles are 16 - 16.9oz that would be accurate since you are supposed to dump the whole thing into a water bottle. But if you were to have an 8 ounce glass of water, you'd only use a little less than half. That being said - it's the way they get people into thinking it's negligible calories. I mean i'd drink it either way, but it's like the servings on healthy choice. Yeah, of course it's low calories, but look what you get for it in return.

I laugh at serving sizes of chicken nuggets all the time. I seriously cannot remember the last instance I only ate 4 chicken nuggets
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Bread. Serving size 1 slice. Yes, I understand it could happen, but if I use bread It's probably for a sandwich.

A half sandwich is just sad.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love these little nut mix bags that have come out recently, but it's a 45g seriving - so the serving size is 30G - 1.5 per packet. No ONE is going to open that little bag and eat 2/3 and put the rest away!

The soup I use as a base for many casseroles has 3.4 serves in a can. 3.4. It's not even a round number!! It's a nonsense fraction. Very irksome.

I bought a can of drink a few weeks back which had 2 servings. It's a CAN.