Scales

Options
I thought I would post this I read this on yahoo and though was pretty cool and interested me.. So might interest you.

Scales:

Worth It
Type-A health nuts, rejoice: The Withings WiFi Body Scale ($159) shows your weight, then beams it to the company’s Web site via your home wireless connection. It also measures other biometric data, such as body fat. Register for a free online account and see graphs of weight gain or loss over time. Eight people can share one scale, and it comes with a free iPhone application.

Not Worth It
The Seca Cursa 818 ($199) also records other biometric data, but it has no online monitoring tool and stores stats for just four people. The display is easy to read but doesn’t fold down, so storage may be tough. The company says it hasn’t received any storage complaints, but the model is on backorder until the end of December.

The first seems pretty interesting... Let me know what you think.

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I saw that today - I know I am get ting a scale for Christmas. I wish I had read about the Withings one before DH went shopping. I'll see how the one works and if I dont' like it, I am going to exchange it!
  • ZacFields
    ZacFields Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've got an EatRight scale and I love the thing. It's just a little $30 thing from Amazon, but it's very accurate and gets the job done.

I don't know if I would be interested in the Withings one or not - on one hand it's kind of fun and "gadgety" to be able to use wifi technology on your scale, but I just post my weigh-ins on MFP anyways.

Still a neat idea though if you've got the spare change laying around for it.