Inspiration anyone?

Options
I am new to my fitness pal. It looks like a great site! I am looking for inspiration. I made peanut brittle, caramel corn and cinnamon roasted almonds for gifts at work and Christmas. Now I need to stay out of them till they get there. HELP!! How do you stay on track with temptations all around? :sad:

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I use to make a lot of cookies, fudge, brownies etc. for people at work and by the time I was done making them I didn't want to eat any of them. I got so tired of all the baking that I was just exhausted and didn't touch them. I love to bake and give them as gifts so I had a lot of fun but I think after making 10 different kinds of sweet things, I just didn't want them. This didn't happen with the first batch of cookies, but after all the work that went into it, I guess I just wanted to make sure there was enough for everyone, so I left it alone. I also did it in about 2 days (after work) so it didn't sit around the house as temptation. Good luck with your fitness goals. :smile:
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad you joined this site! As for me, I find it makes a difference if it is a trigger food for me. If you know you can't make peanut brittle without overindulging, it might be safer not to make it for a while until your resolve is stronger. Make a tasty item that others will enjoy that won't be a temptation for you. I wish you much success with your weight loss goals! :wink:
  • Lpd218
    Lpd218 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just try to think about how much you will need to exercise to work off those treats. That may not make it worth it! Good luck!:smile: