What healthy habits are you trying to gain?

Options
I'm trying to eat foods that are better for me. More veggies, less frozen foods, more lean meats, less junk etc. ! Also, I am trying out yoga which I am enjoying a lot! Add me if you like I am always looking for more support and to help others! What is everyone else doing to gain better habits? Love to hear all the good ideas :)

Replies

• justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat "real" food instead of heavily processed alternatives. To me, that means things sweetened with sugar instead of artificial sweeteners, moving towards (but having a hard time with, mentally) full fat dairy, butter instead of canola margarine, etc. I have had a health bumble and have to do this right.
  • BeccaKay96
    BeccaKay96 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat "real" food instead of heavily processed alternatives. To me, that means things sweetened with sugar instead of artificial sweeteners, moving towards (but having a hard time with, mentally) full fat dairy, butter instead of canola margarine, etc. I have had a health bumble and have to do this right.

Been trying to go more natural myself and no it is not easy! Keep up the good work :)
  • SpikeTailTurtle
    Options
    My habits are one slow step at a time. First I incorporated exercise. Now I am working on portion control. Once I have portion control down I am going to work on cutting out preservatives and artificial ingredients. Maybe once that is done I will work on some of my guilty pleasures but out of all my bad habits I don't think my Skinny Cow Snickerdoodle Ice Cream sandwiches are the worst. 150 calorie comfort food = love.
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Really- I'm trying to stay positive. Focusing on cutting out all the negative self-talk and remembering that I am pretty amazing no matter what.
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water...being aware of the carbs consumed (per dr orders)
  • Mikie134
    Options
    Changing my habit of eating a large dinner and not much for breakfast. I really like the support of myfitnesspal. I can see what I eat is full of and how much or how little I need to change.
  • tlblake84
    tlblake84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've had a horrible habit of eating out for many meals a week. I still eat out, too much, but i'm slowly learning to cook more and to bring more lunches to work. My new habit is eating my own food!

In addition, water, I don't think I drink nearly enough. I have a feeling I'm more dehydrated than what I think.

I know my new healthy habits wouldn't last if I did all at once so its one step at a time for me.
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to eat more veggies. i've had a salad everyday this week, but i also really love cauliflower rice and green beans :)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to learn to not be an a-hole.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm trying not to eat unless I am actually hungry. Simple concept. Not easy for me to do.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Less sodium, no trans fats, and mostly just a balanced well rounded diet. Variety is the spice of life. I also want to walk more and more.