banking calories during the week from exercise

Options
I was wondering if anyone does this. I have certain days every now and then when I cannot accurately count or log my food intake (buffets, get togethers, bbq, parties, etc). If I burn say 500 calories per workout every day, then would I have enough calories to not let those cheat meals affect my weight loss progress?

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd say just do your best to guess how much you ate. I would try to avoid buffets though as it's very easy to over eat at those. As for get togethers just make notes of what you ate there and you can calculate a pretty good estimate. I would be careful exercising more to burn more calories to make up for a cheat meal, because you don't want to overtrain and you don't want to risk injuring yourself. That being said listen to your body. If you feel ok to do a bit extra it's fine, as long as you carefully monitor how you are feeling and don't injure yourself. Best thing to do is if you know you are going to have a cheat meal is to work it into your meal schedule. Eat less for your other meals to make up for the high calorie meal. Hope this helps!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you have the phone app, it tells you your weekly deficit. One thing to remember with MFP, is it overestimates exercise calories, so maybe credit only half of them.