:flowerforyou:
  • resptech97
    Options
    :noway:

JUST DONT DO IT!!......LOL
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Last batch I made I put my before picture on top of the cookie container. Worked like a charm.:happy:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :sick: :grumble: :ohwell:

"Resistance is futile!" LOL!
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I love these responses! Specially since I'm baking 40 dozen cookies this holiday season.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :noway:

JUST DONT DO IT!!......LOL
    Good advice!

Omg...I ate a small bit of brownie today and it was frosted, one of my very few sweets I've had in awhile (I just don't have much desire for them anymore).. Ew ew ew..way way too sweet for my tastes now.:sick: My stomach isn't happy either so not eating cookies is gonna be way easy for me. I So wish I hadn't wasted the cals and feel like I'm feeling now... like I ate a bag of sugar..:sick:

I've started thinking on food and shopping (impulse eating and impulse shopping) in a different way than I used too. I started going through a mental check list before it goes in the cart. Now I ask myself how bad do I need it? how bad do I want it? will I regret it later? will it still be something I can get tomorrow. Realized wow, I don't need to have everything today or even tomorrow it's all gonna be around if I really still want it in the future. It's turned into a wonderful feeling of freedom that I now get to mentally and physically chose what I want to put in my mouth and purchase at the Dollar Store, Dept. Store etc.

It maybe be something some of you had already figured out in life:laugh: :blushing: But to me?? it was a pretty bright light bulb moment when I realized that a year and some ago!!:drinker: :tongue: Makes life so much easier to handle food and sure saves money too!:smokin:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

I love these responses! Specially since I'm baking 40 dozen cookies this holiday season.
    OMG!

I used to bake years back and share them with friends and such but since losing weight and changing how I look at foods I don't wanna give out junk to others either. So I find other ways to give ...I remember the joy (OK, for lack of a better word:noway: ) ppl would have seeing the sugary plates of goodies, they seems so excited but so torn. They wanted to tear into them and wanted to eat them but knew they'd feel horrible later. So knowing how hard it was to drop all this weight I don't want to do it to my friends but I do realize we're all at different places in what we eat:flowerforyou:
  • rula39
    rula39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Last year I had a friend ask me if I wanted to participate in a cookie exchange I just told her flat out NO. She got a little disappointed with me .I don't bake them I don't buy them and If somebody gives me cookies I toss them .Cookies are my downfall especially Xmas cookies I am already eating some from people bringing them to work. If I don't take such crazy precautions I would be eating a whole lot more LOL
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is the first year I went all out on baking cookies. This is the first year I've gone all out on eating cookies. New rule I've put in place is I get 2 cookies of my choice so long as a I work out long enough to burn the calories. i'll have to see how it goes.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

OMG!

I used to bake years back and share them with friends and such but since losing weight and changing how I look at foods I don't wanna give out junk to others either. So I find other ways to give ...I remember the joy (OK, for lack of a better word:noway: ) ppl would have seeing the sugary plates of goodies, they seems so excited but so torn. They wanted to tear into them and wanted to eat them but knew they'd feel horrible later. So knowing how hard it was to drop all this weight I don't want to do it to my friends but I do realize we're all at different places in what we eat:flowerforyou:

If and when friends and family ask me to stop baking cookies for them I'll do it then, but since they keep telling me that they can hardly wait for my cookies each Christmas, I'll keep baking away.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have been baking my chistmas cookies with 1/4 of the sugar repalced with splenda. I even did some 1/3 splenda, I can't tell the difference and I didn't tell my husband and he hasn't complained about the cookies. :bigsmile: