100 lbs lost!

Options
As of two days ago I reached 100 lbs lost! I've been logging on here since February, and this site has been a great tool.

I was never really conscious of what I was eating, I ate fast food several times a week and drank tons of iced lattes. I also didn't really know how to cook.

Before, on vacation in March of 2013:
270 lbs was my highest weight

yoDijDT.jpg?1

uRGGHtj.jpg?1

SWDjPks.jpg?1

Now, at 168 lbs.

1IS1VcR.jpg?1

DyinOr0.jpg?1

And from today, with my sister & best friend. (She has also lost a lot of weight and I don't know if I could have done it without her):

I'm on the left

cqJKAi4.jpg?1

Here is a picture from February, to show progress:
231 lbs.

fXJXUWc.jpg?1

This past December I finally decided to quit smoking after ten years. I was sick of having trouble breathing and feeling generally unhealthy. I didn't want to gain any more weight so I started tracking calories. I learned how to cook a little at a time and quit drinking pop. I still love iced lattes but not as often. Since then I changed my diet and discovered I love to bike ride and hike. I've been working on jogging and doing bodyweight exercises also. I'm now in the best shape I've ever been in, and it feels great.

I'm not sure what my final goal weight is yet, but maybe around 145.

Replies

• yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Great work, 100lbs is such a huge accomplishment!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    wonderful! so much good in your story... you're doing it right!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. Very inspiring. Your start weight is very close to my start weight. Yeah, it can be done! Good luck on reaching your goal weight.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
    Your transformation is amazing. You look so beautiful and so confident!
  • MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You're my favorite, and I am so, so proud of you. It makes me indescribably happy that you're my sister.
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You (and your sister) look fantastic! Congrats on such a momentous accomplishment!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    wow - look at you ! awesome achievement!
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking AND losing 100 lbs is a huge accomplishment! You should be proud! Congrats!!
  • DonaBalant
    Options
    Excellent!!!
    Little hint to help core muscle- when you do crunches, exhale as much as you can on the raise (the first part) & exhale slowly on the drop. Also raise & drop slow. Beware if using your arms to get you up- hands behind head, let head rest on glands for support. You won't raise as high but you are isolating muscle.
  • Preciousmorgana
    Options
    Well done! You both look fabulous.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • subjecttwo
    subjecttwo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Feel free to add me - I'd love to have more supportive friends on here :)
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great job, I am proud of you. That is quite an accomplishment. Here's hoping to greater things ahead, as you continue on with your journey to a healther, happy lifestyle. You can do it, we can all do it. It feels great for me also, and I haven't been doing it that long.
  • cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    holy crap what a transformation!!! thanks so much for sharing and inspiring! so awesome.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic, and so much happier!
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing you look great! You looked great before but you look a little more happy in your pictures now! Love it, hope to be at my goal weight to in a few months/ years. :happy:
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look indredible! Congrats on making healthy choices and having a hot body to show for it :drinker:
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    Amazing progress! Such inspiration. I can see such a huge difference between your pictures; you must feel so proud of yourself!
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amazing results...you look fabulous!!
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look gorgeous, healthy and glowing. What a commitment and you did it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!