Newbie in Myfitnesspal

Options
Hi All,
I have tried many times to loose weight, and I have in the past. Unfortunately, maintenance seem to be an issue and the weight just crops back. September 2009 I weighed 120kilos, and had gone down to 99kilos in April 2010. Then work took over my life, and this morning I weighed in at 111kilos!

I need to get my priorities in order, and I really could use all the help, motivation and inspiration from everyone in here.

Could anyone advise how did you guys first start off? Maybe I have been doing it all wrong in the past ...

Replies

• anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chaaru! You will love it here, its such a great site!

In my initial days I used to just try to portion stuff, find healthy alternatives, cut out which is just too many calories. Basically was trying hard to stay under my calorie limit. Then I was walking. Once I could balance, I slowly started doing Jillian michaels 30 day shred. I hope that helps.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • sheenaphilipps
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    My girl friend told me about this wonderful site. I'am really excited to join an online community whose main focus is supporting people and tracking your progress. When i was younger i was very healthy. I exercised a lot and never worried about my weight. I was the skinny one in the group. And well now not so much. I could use any and all tips for exercise and yummie healthy recipies. I just wanted to say congrats to everyone on their current weight loss and i can't wait to post about my future progress.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and I'm sure you will succeed in your weight loss efforts.

I use the iPhone app to access my daily food/exercise log, and find it's very convenient. If you have one, definitely take advantage of the wonderful app.

You will soon begin to see your eating habits, and be able to recognize any patterns that may be sabotaging your efforts now. After you recognize where you need some improvements, you can start making small changes in your eating that will eventually lead to a healthier lifestyle, and ultimately, weight loss to your healthy/happy weight.

Good luck!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The 30-day shred is great! I used it to tone up and MAN does Jillian make you sweat! The 3-DVD set that she put out is awesome, and I find myself doing it on my gym "rest days" as a nice break in my gym routine.