polenta- what does it taste like?

Options
This is so random- but there is a great recipe I want to try from a magazine and the suggested side dish is grilled polenta. I have seen this on food network, etc. but have no clue what it is exactly and what it tastes like. Who on here eats it?

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    lol for a second i thought you said placenta idk i havent tried either
  • joannasamples
    Options
    it's a cornmeal dish. I try to buy the ones in the meat market section that are packaged like sausage. it's mild (unless you buy one seasoned). I like it.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    it's made out of corn meal, so i would imagine i would taste like mushy cornbread maybe. not mushy in a bad way, just creamier. haha. this probably doesn't help at all, but i can probably guarantee that it tastes better than placenta :P
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    If you like grits...you'll like it...same stuff just cooked a little bit differently.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love grits (I'm in Alabama) and I think I may give it a try. I will need the roll and just slice and grill. Funny you mention placenta... I just had a baby and a friend who also just gave birth is totally into homeopathic stuff... she had her placenta ground up and put into capsules- which she takes! Ewwww! Polenta sounds much better!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention placenta... I just had a baby and a friend who also just gave birth is totally into homeopathic stuff... she had her placenta ground up and put into capsules- which she takes! Ewwww! Polenta sounds much better!

That's really kind of uh... different!!.... Actually, it just made me cringe a bit.

I would definitely pick the Polenta! Yummmmm