Weight is going up not down

Options
So I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 164lbs, so I've quite overweight. I decided I want to get fit and get rid of the weight. I've cut out sweets etc and replaced it fruit. My dinner meals have stayed the same but I have smaller portions. I hate most fruit/veg and I don't eat like salad. I've been tracking my calories(max 1200a day) , etc and I have stayed within the limits. I drink at least 3/4cups of water a day.
I'm currently doing the 30 day shred and have done it for 20 days now and I have been watching my weight. On the 31st I weighed myself which showed 158lbs, but today my weight has gone up to 164lbs! I was really happy with my progress as my goal was to get to 156lbs before the end of the 30 day shred. Anyone know my weight is piling back on again?

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Weight is not linear - some days you lose, some days you gain. What you are looking for is your weight going down over a period of time. It could be water weight, eating a bit more salt, etc. I never go by one measurement as it's not a good thing. Go by a long range of weights, not one day.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    As above but also always weigh at the same time under the same conditions.

I tend to lose about 5lbs all at once in a month then I put it back on lose it and eventually lose another 5lbs the following month it was frustrating at first but clearly that is how my body works so I'm used to it now.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    First, when starting a new exercise program, its normal to retain water as you muscles repair. Second, how are you counting calories? Are you weighing and measuring everything? Caloric deficit = weight loss.
  • RonaldoAllen
    RonaldoAllen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise both are important for weight lose. If you are not losing your weight and your weight is increasing then there is problem with your diet and exercise routine so change your diet and workout routine. You can join a best boot camp in the city for getting good fitness ideas and weight lose.
  • RonaldoAllen
    RonaldoAllen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise both are important for weight lose. If you are not losing your weight and your weight is increasing then there is problem with your diet and exercise routine so change your diet and workout routine. You can join a best boot camp in the city for getting good fitness ideas and weight lose.
    https://www.rebelmouse.com/brienshamp/