Starting over AGAIN :)

Options
My name is Linda and I am starting my weight loss journey again. I am sick of being over weight, since I never was until I had my 3rd child (back in Aug 2006) - I gave up on being a healthy weight. I am a fast food addict and I have taken my kids with me. But, I am ready to make the change and I have my kids on board with me. I am lucky that none of my kids are overweight. They are very active which helps.

Living in Okinawa Japan, finding clothing in a size 16 is very hard. It would be nice to go to the store again and shop for all the new fashions.........I will be there again, I have no doubt in my mind :)

I am hoping that "myfitnesspal" will be the push I need to stay on track. I hope everyone is having wonderful success on their weight loss journeys.

Replies

• mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i would like to wish you all the luck with your weight loss this site is a great support you just have to make sure you log in every day. merry christmas
  • lindaswelker
    Options
    Thank you - I am ready to do this. Merry Christmas :)
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was never successful until I came here - this really works. What I like most is that it is so flexible.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This site is fantastic. I think once you see how much you are putting into your body, you can never go back to that state...

Anyways, welcome to MFP, I hope this site is everything you wish for and more and I'm sure we'd all love to hear your stories about life in Japan! By the way, I totally get where you're coming from in relation to Asian clothes sizes... I have family in the Philippines (where I am originally from and they send me clothes that don't fit all the time... and they're the largest size!)
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    good luck.
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the committment! This is a great first step. I'm sure there are lots of us who have tried, many times, to lose weight, so we can definitely relate. Just remember there are many people here to cheer you on and support you when you need it.

Good luck!
  • Hammy_69
    Hammy_69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This site is actually quite addictive. Once you start counting, it's hard to stop. Even when you're not near a computer, it runs through your head which helps you be conscious of what you eat. There are lots of benefits of friends too. Everyone has great ideas about TTPs that work and they're great motivators!

Good luck to you! We'll be here throughout your journey.