130 Lbs to go!

Options
Just got set up last night. Amazed at how much I consumed in a day.

Worked out for the first time in years. Had to take it easy and am starting slow. Tendacy is to start off crazy and then get so sore you can't work out for a few days. Starting small.

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options

Worked out for the first time in years. Had to take it easy and am starting slow. Tendacy is to start off crazy and then get so sore you can't work out for a few days. Starting small.

Great job getting started! Especially this week with all the holiday temptations.

Are you following any particular workout plan?
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be then! Good luck! You can do this!!! :)
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I said the same thing once I started on here. I too have just started going to a gym and have never gone before and I am starting out slow because I tend to go gun hoe at things and then fall off so this time it's slow and steady!!!

Good Luck!!
    Mary
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Welcome! It's amazing how much food we can fit into our bodies and not even give it a second thought. MFP is a fantastic tool for gaining knowledge of healthy eating, working out and just overall well being. The people on here are great! If you need a friend, feel free to add me:bigsmile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

BEST part is that you started...not how slow or how much or even how at all....you started...keep up the good work and i promise you there will be BIG changes soon....
    congrats on the start of an amazing journey...
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The best way to do is to start slow! You don't want to start out wearing yourself out and then not doing it :) I started out slow and am much better off now!! You can do this!!!
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    This is the perfect time to get started!! If you can "just say no" to all the Christmas sugar, it will be all downhill from there come January!
  • Bulldog1969
    Bulldog1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a buddy of mine who is 19lbs into a 100lb / year long weight loss goal put me onto the website as a good tool for watching (being aware of) my calories and tracking my weight loss and exercise.

I'm lucky enough to have an elliptical and full weight system including leg press, military press, butterfly, etc...plus dumbells from 10-30lbs. All the equipment I need sitting there collecting dust for a couple of years.

I had lost 5lbs in my first week but I wasn't tracking anything so i figured I'd start from where I was as of last night. I'd like to get down to 180lbs but would be quite content with 200-210lbs.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    This is such a great tool! Just continue to hold yourself accountable for your food intake and exercise and you will do great! Don't worry when you get discouraged. Yes I said WHEN and not IF. It is going to happen. It happens to us all. The key is to know that it is normal and keep on pushin' through it until your drive comes back. It always does. And then you feel even better that you were able to overcome it and not give up. Good luck to you!!!!!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This website has been a blessing for so many people. Offering support, guidance and laughter as needed. Good luck on your journey....