Lift my Booty..help please

Options
Okay..... took progress pics.... my *kitten* is not progressing. It needs a lot of lift. PLEASE HELP ME. Any tips, advice I will take.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves... read it, own it, do it.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    all about the *kitten*?
  • redman1740
    redman1740 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SQUAT, SQUAT, SQUAT!!!!! Earn that *kitten* :):):):)
  • randomtai
    Options
    all about the *kitten*?

Yup!
  • allanakern
    Options
    I squat heavy! it's made a huge difference in my quads. maybe I need to stand feet wider when squatting to hit my *kitten* more?
  • randomtai
    Options
    I squat heavy! it's made a huge difference in my quads. maybe I need to stand feet wider when squatting to hit my *kitten* more?

Squats are only one part of it... You should be doing deadlifts (all 3 types), weighed lunges, Barbell hip thrusts, box jumps, etc etc. It is all covered in the book Strong Curves.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I find squats to be quad dominant. Especially if you do high bar. You can activate the glutes more though by focusing on really squeezing them at the top of the lift. Same for deadlifts. I will say though that hip thrusts are where it's at. I did them while eating at a very small surplus for a couple of months and gained an inch around the booty.

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I find squats to be quad dominant. Especially if you do high bar. You can activate the glutes more though by focusing on really squeezing them at the top of the lift. Same for deadlifts. I will say though that hip thrusts are where it's at. I did them while eating at a very small surplus for a couple of months and gained an inch around the booty.

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

Whoa....love dat @$$ :love:
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Go deeper. Post parallel. Sumo squats hit the outside of my glutes, while post parallel standard squats hit a wider area, the entire gluteus Maximus. Hip thrusts/bridges are great for hitting the upper glutes/gluteus medius and upper maximus. Wide stance split squats hit a large area too (for me), I can feel it in the Maximus, medius and minimus (depending on stance). Deadlifts hit the hamstrings and lower gluteus maximus mainly (for me).
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Strong Curves and hipthrusts for delivering a round and firm backside. The hipthrust is quite addictive once you get over the embarrassment factor as you can lift some vwry very heavy weights quite quickly.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Weighted lunges and Deadlifts....problem will be solved
  • allanakern
    Options
    ok so I've only been squatting and stiff leg deadlift.... so I will get the book strong curves (already found it on amazon) ... do weight lunges.. but embarrassing question.. what are hip thrusts? like how to you properly do them?
  • allanakern
    Options
    also will the cellulite on my butt become less visible the firmer it gets?
  • randomtai
    Options
    also will the cellulite on my butt become less visible the firmer it gets?

It did for me.
  • redman1740
    redman1740 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not a female but I see the females at the gym with the great butts doing a lot of leg/lower body exercises and a lot of the stair master. Not that I'm looking but they have great butts. Hope this helps and I appreciate all the feedback being given,. We as men do like to look at a nice sculptured butt. #IJS
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ok so I've only been squatting and stiff leg deadlift.... so I will get the book strong curves (already found it on amazon) ... do weight lunges.. but embarrassing question.. what are hip thrusts? like how to you properly do them?

The book will give you instructions. Here's what it'll look like:

barbell-hip-thrust1.jpg

About the cellulite-- it'll get better with lifting and reduction of body fat. It may not completely go away (mine hasn't) but that's okay too. It's normal to have some and most women do (I've read 90%).
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Sumo squats and sumo straight leg deadlifts. Hip thrusts/extensions. That's the money!
  • allanakern
    Options
    how often o you ladies work your glutes? combine with leg day or give it a day of its own? I usually do a day for shoulders/chest, bicep/tricep, and a whole day dedicated to legs. usually incorporate cardio with it all and sometimes take a "rest" day just for cardio. do you give glutes their own day?
  • randomtai
    Options
    how often o you ladies work your glutes? combine with leg day or give it a day of its own? I usually do a day for shoulders/chest, bicep/tricep, and a whole day dedicated to legs. usually incorporate cardio with it all and sometimes take a "rest" day just for cardio. do you give glutes their own day?

I do glutes with my legs, twice a week.