Fitbit calorie adjustment

Hello! I have my fitbit flex linked with my fitnesspal account. Yesterday I walked/ran for a bit over 10,000 steps and myfitnesspal added in over 550 calories to my daily goal. Does this seem excessive? I know that the fitbit is inspriing me to move more, but quite a few of those steps are just normal activities (walking to my car, the bathroom, the breakroom at work, etc.). Did myfitnesspal assume that I never walk at all during the day when it calculated my initial calorie goal?

Replies

• It depends on what you put in for your "daily activity". When I said I was sedentary and then would walk 10,000 steps, it would give me a significant boost. Now that I put in "lightly active" the boost is not so great.

I also enabled negative adjustments, so one day I lazed on my *kitten* all day and it took away calories that I could eat. I didn't like that day very much :P

Just make sure you have your fitbit and your myfitnesspal settlings all the same. Same goal, same activity level, etc - so you know there isn't a miscommunication. Otherwise, it's just recalculating based on actual movement.

I have stopped logging cardio classes like BodyCombat or BodyStep because I find that myfitnesspal says that I burned more calories than fitbit will. The only cardio I log is biking.