Embarrassing problem. Has this happened to you?

Options
2»

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    You bring up a very good point! Countless threads are about how to workout and what types of exercises to do, but if you don't have the proper attire, all can be for naught. I learned through trial and error.

Shorts are tricky. They have to be JUST RIGHT in order to not chafe, ride up, etc. I decided to go with spandex capris instead. Same brand, different colors. Keep it simple.

Same thing with t-shirts and tank tops. I'd find if there were tags that would scratch my neck or the arm holes were too tight with scratchy seams, it would distract my whole focus. Switched to tagless, seamless Hanes tank tops. I can find those at Wal-Mart of Family Dollar for $3 - $5 each. And they wear well.

Find comfortable, well-functioning workout wear and it will help your focus and endurance immensely!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    get rid of the street shorts. Compression shorts work great for workouts.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What were you wearing? Coochie cutters?
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Possible assistance to you right now:

* baby powder
    * Neosporin to affected area
    * desitin creamy, not the greasy, to affected area

Good luck! And no, you are NOT the only one. :tongue:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me in my heavier days I recommend not working out in shorts.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Either change what you wear or pick up a blister stick.

There is an anti-chafing product that looks like a mini deodorant bar, its for blisters on your heels. I use it anywhere I get chafing, specifically when I am travelling in hot humid areas where my thighs rub together. I have used it for underwear elastic burns too but you should apply it before it becomes an issue.
  • PatriziaGen
    PatriziaGen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me - and it happens to my son who's fit and always doing some type of sport - it's nothing to be embarrassed about. The first time it happened to my son, he was much younger got a boil by the end of the game. Any diaper rash cream works. Be sure the area is clean and dry before applying it.

I suggest you always keep the container in your gym bag. Better protected than aching afterwards. Also, we use it as a preventative measure now.

It's so bloody painful, we want to avoid that pain - so whenever we are going to exercise/run/play, we dab a little on and forget about it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep i've chafed away skin in various places during workouts thanks to ill fitting bras and panties.

be careful in the shower because once the water hits it :cry: it'll heal and like others have said get some better suited shorts