Breakfast tips

Options
2»

Replies

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary and noticed that today was not your typical meal for breakfast. Your diary for the day before showed that your breakfast is light in calories .... it was just that you gave in to your urge to have that sugary cereal, 2 servings of orange juice, and full-fat milk for breakfast.

Chuck it up to more calories for the day and eat well the rest of the day ... then go back to a more healthful meal for breakfast ... one that is more balanced between carbs, protein and fat.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should eat less cereal. I eat 1.5 cups of cereal, I don't think of ever giving up my cereal. But 3 cups seems like a lot. If you're really hungry, you should add a banana or some other fruit to your bowl of cereal (less cereal). That's why you've already eaten half your calories... hella cereal...
  • lukeyjune
    lukeyjune Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whole-wheat English muffin, strawberry jam, 1/2 banana & Starbucks :) Pretty boring every morning but it is filling and is right around 300 cals.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal combinations for breakfast ... or egg omolets.
    Someone else may choke at the sound of my oatmeal combinations, but they keep me full for hours. I never eat oatmeal alone because it raises my blood glucose too much if I do .... so I add stuff to it.

Here are some combinations that work well for me ... all are microwaved in a 4-cup microwave safe tall bowl and end up with about 2 cups of cooked food. ..... 1egg, 1 cup milk , 1/2 cup dry oatmeal. .... 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, 1 cup water, 1 diced small apple, 2 tablespons natural peanut butter, cinnamon .... You can also use any other fruit you like ... Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or even a very small banana all taste great.

For omelets, I usually saute some sweet bell peppers, onion, and any other vegetable I want ... it could be a half a left-over potato, some spinach or tomato, even canned artichoke hearts, or fresh asparagus or broccoli. I also usually add 2 slices of bacon to this dish or skip the bacon and have a 0.50 ounce slice of cheese. I use 2 eggs for this. You can use 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites instead. The egg size is grade AA large.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Fruit. If that's not enough, steel cut oats.
  • SporkNBeans
    Options
    for breakfast i like to have some frozen berries and sliced almonds with a bit of almond milk in a bowl. so yummy.

sometimes i put plain yogurt in instead of almond milk. or switch the almond slices for some other chopped nut. if you wanted it less calorie dense i suppose you could forgo the nuts..but i love that crunch.

1 Cup of almond milk = 40
    I Cup of Frozen Triple berry blend = 50
    1/4 Cup of Sliced almonds = 170

so all together 260 ;)