Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight Loss Stuck! Plateau?

Hey peeps.

I've been having excellent progress in my weight loss. I started on 11 May, and have since lost 23.5kg (Start weight 113Kg - Current weight 89.5kg).

However, for about a week or two or so now, I haven't been able to budge beyond 89.5kg. I'm doing everything exactly the same, but I find that from time to time when I eat a little more I'll gain a few hundred grams, sometimes even a whole KG, then it'll drop back and so on.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to change something?

I ride my bike to work daily, back and forth 2 miles totalling 4 miles a day. I work an active retail job where I am constantly on the move which has all contributed to my weight loss. Nothing has changed, and no further progress in sight :(

my calorie in-take is around 1200 a day. I do have some days where its over, or under, I'm good with my nutrition levels, i check that quite a lot with the app to see if I am taking too much of anything, which I usually am not. Which has been this way since the start. I've never felt starved or had any cheat days or any major struggles.

Please help! I mean, I do understand that this can happen, but how long should I go before I start to "worry"?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Give it more time. You wont lose weight each and every week. Some weeks it may even go up slightly. Stress, sleep cycles, sodium, etc. can all lead to water weight which can mask weight loss. If after 4-6 weeks, perhaps reassess.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Be patient. I week is just a stall, not a plateau, could be any number of things.
  • IndyMatharu85
    IndyMatharu85 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks. I guess I'll give it some more time... It's just little off putting heh.