What do you do when you have a craving?

Options
2»

Replies

• lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It depends what it is...If it's chocolate or some other kind of snack, I'd eat something healthy first, drink a load of water and give myself a small portion. That way, I wouldn't be that hungry and would be satisfied with a little bit. However, I did crave pizza a couple weeks back so I made my own small pizza and that did the trick!
  • lkw0311
    lkw0311 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats the hardest thing for me, but I'm happy to see that I have been able to control them for the most part.
    It's hard because when you keep thinking about something you want, it's hard to get around that.
    But just distract yourself with another activity or eat something 'lighter' and eventually it will pass..
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If I crave something I eat it. I just make certain it will fit into my daily calorie goal, which usually means I will be eating a very light dinner.
  • thenk83
    thenk83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If I crave it I eat it. But I eat it like I do everything I eat now. In moderation...
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    I try to find something new that fits that niche. Like if I really want ice cream I have coconut So Delicious Frozen treat. Or, if I gotta have pizza I make my own with gluten free crust, tomato paste with no sugar msg, etc, load the herbs add a little pepperoni, no nitrates, mushrooms, and I only have two small pieces. My favorite is I figured out I could make 20 cookies with 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup chocolate chips very dark no sugar, three dashes coconut, vanilla, 1 egg, 3 tbs of coconut oil, 4 tbs of yogurt, and pamela's gluten free baking flour. Very good, oh my, and they are actually nutritious. My kids will polish them off, and I have three. mmmmmmmmm cookies. maybe five, but I record them. and working out is no problem to pay off those cookies. Also, twice a month I go out for fried catfish, grits with cheese, and greens soaked in bacon, sno caps and movie popcorn. and, Tonight is the night. :happy:
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I try to find something new that fits that niche. Like if I really want ice cream I have coconut So Delicious Frozen treat. Or, if I gotta have pizza I make my own with gluten free crust, tomato paste with no sugar msg, etc, load the herbs add a little pepperoni, no nitrates, mushrooms, and I only have two small pieces. My favorite is I figured out I could make 20 cookies with 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup chocolate chips very dark no sugar, three dashes coconut, vanilla, 1 egg, 3 tbs of coconut oil, 4 tbs of yogurt, and pamela's gluten free baking flour. Very good, oh my, and they are actually nutritious. My kids will polish them off, and I have three. mmmmmmmmm cookies. maybe five, but I record them. and working out is no problem to pay off those cookies. Also, twice a month I go out for fried catfish, grits with cheese, and greens soaked in bacon, sno caps and movie popcorn. and, Tonight is the night. :happy:
    Never had fried catfish