Another newbie...

Options
Taking the plunge on getting rid of 20-25 lbs. Middle age has most definitely set in and has taken it's toll.

Stumbled on this site and found it interesting and encouraging.

Last week I finally found the "on" switch to my treadmill (it's a decent one) and decided to get back on the stability ball for my routine. I've done this all in years past (many years past actually) and it was very successful.

I know me and will only work out at home. I will not go to a gym so doing anything resembling that is tossing money out the door. I know I'll never go.

I don't mind driving myself on the treadmill, in fact - I enjoy it. It's all about motivation for me and I'm now motivated. Tired of increasing pant sizes and feeling terribly out of shape.

Also watching my calories coming in. Dropping snacks is a no brainer for me in reducing calories off the bat. Other than snacks, I don't eat huge portions of anything and eat rather well.. The snacks and desserts have done it along with not moving.

Hopefully I'll keep at it and reach my goal at some point. I have no target date. I'm responsible and accountable for getting this way, I'm equally accountable and responsible for pulling my way out.

Replies

• Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan, welcome to MFP. As a late middle-aged dude, I can attest to it's effectiveness. I never realized how many calories I ate through desserts and meals out. I lost 26 lbs. over about 6 months and have maintained since then. The only exercise I did and still do is intentional walking, some inside on a treadmill, most of it outside. You can do it!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Add me if you'd like some support! Best of Luck!
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan, welcome to MFP. As a late middle-aged dude, I can attest to it's effectiveness. I never realized how many calories I ate through desserts and meals out. I lost 26 lbs. over about 6 months and have maintained since then. The only exercise I did and still do is intentional walking, some inside on a treadmill, most of it outside. You can do it!

Thank you! Comforting to know someone else has been in a similar situation and has resolved it with walking it off.

Welcome to MFP! Add me if you'd like some support! Best of Luck!

Thank you!