Lots of guys DO NOT like super skinny girls...

Options
So how did women get this mindset of wanting to be super skinny??

Replies

• elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people just want to be healthy...

Also since when do women only have to do what men like?
    What if the woman is just more comfortable at a smaller (but still healthy) weight.
  • nykismile
    Options
    Call this odd, but I don't want to be very skinny just to be attractive for guys.

I feel better in my own skin at a lower weight. I navigate through my surroundings with much more confidence when I'm slimmer. I smile more, go out more. And that confidence is what makes me attractive to some guys, not my dress size.

If you are more comfortable at a higher (but not unhealthy) weight, then the same logic applies.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    From competition with other women. Media distortion. And you are never good enough talk. (whether it's self talk or other)

I won't ever be skinny.

It'd be nice to be thinner.... but eh then again, define thinner.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be fit, healthy and lean.
    My goal is also to please myself. I could not give a rat's *kitten* what might appeal to men as I am living my life for me, not for them.
    But, if some have a goal to be super skinny, then to each their own.
    I doubt many are doing it to please the male of the species.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Females are bombarded with unrealistic images of underweight or incredibly slim, fit women from a very young age. It's programmed into our minds that the standard of beauty must include x, y, and z or it's just not good enough. Men are conditioned, in many cases, to believe it's alright and perfectly acceptable to judge women by their appearance alone, and rate them accordingly from a very young age. It's not some huge mystery as to why women grow up hating their bodies and develop eating disorders. What IS a mystery, is why our society continues to put up with the nonsensical propaganda that perpetuates the entire system of self-hating, self-destructive kids turning into self-hating, self-destructive adults.

Edited to add: I do think we are starting to see strides being taken to correct some of these issues, but it's very little and very slow-going. I think a lot of girls, as opposed to when I was a teenager, are starting to see that being healthy and "fit" is much more attractive, not only for themselves but to others, than being thin and sickly. Being strong brings confidence and being healthy brings a longer life for most people, and I think that's what we need to be teaching all our children from the get-go.

Lots guys DO like super skinny girls, and that's okay. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to outward appearances. As long as you don't put too much stock in appearance, I see no issue.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Lots of men also don't like bananas.

I'm just not sure how this affects me.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I say throw what the guys want out the window and just be as healthy and happy as we can be. Hotness is just a benefit
    !
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    From competition with other women. Media distortion. And you are never good enough talk. (whether it's self talk or other)
    tumblr_inline_nbcxxqDZJN1qkfalp.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So how did women get this mindset of wanting to be super skinny??

Lot of guys just like girls who say, "do me."
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If this is going to be about blaming it on "society", I'm innocent because I don't belong to that group.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Define skinny? I think everyone will have their own opinion o this.

When I asked my partner what his idea of a skinny women was and he said skin and bone, you can see the ribs from the front and the back and the hip bones are jutting out. He said he didn't find this attractive. Which is a good thing for me because I am not like that at all.

In my opinion there is a big difference between slim and skinny - slim conjures images of toned, healthy. Skinny conjure images of wasting and unhealthy.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to be attractive to the opposite sex. Its the medias perception of what is attractive that spurs some women to be what you call super skinny.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Maybe because they are smart enough to know that life doesn't revolve around men and what men think about their bodies.

Besides, I was "super skinny" my whole life, 97 lbs to be exact, and guys still flocked to me. So I don't see your point. :grumble:
  • Muscles_and_lipstick
    Options
    It's the media, sex sells and you have to be a walking clothes hanger in order to do runway modeling.....
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    And some guys DO like super skinny girls
    And some guys DO like small sized girls
    And some guys DO like mid sized girls
    And some guys DO like slightly bigger girls
    And some guys DO like larger girls
    And some guys DO like obese girls

.........................And some guys DO like guys
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Lots of men also don't like bananas.

I'm just not sure how this affects me.

Ah, but the ones that like bananas probably won't date you. This does affect you.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    As I guy I have realized that few, if any, women care if I find them attractive, and the few that might usually are creeped out by the fact that I do and avoid me.

Its the eye patch ????
  • whatup_imtopher
    Options
    Who gives a **** what guys like?
  • whatup_imtopher
    Options
    Yeah this is the best reply
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'd like to jump in here and say that skinny isn't a goal that men are throwing at women. It's a goal that women are throwing at each other. Men as a group aren't attracted to any one thing--just like women. Let the men like what they like. Be and do what makes you happy. Everybody wins.

Now we can stop having this discussion.